Some Sleep Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickB

Country
United States United States
YO! Gang,

As all of you have stated, it takes some time before you are able to sleep. Well last night I took Tammy's advice, down a Vicodin and 10 minutes later took a Ambien CR 12.5 mg. I fell asleep at 11:34 ( last time I looked at the clock ) then woke up to see the time at 2:15 and went right back to sleep. The next thing I knew the clock showed 6:57. What a night to finally to get some sleep. Now if I can just duplicate it! Wed. I finally got the bike to go around for the first time, now some sleep on Thursday night. I guess since it's Friday, I need to go bowling! It has been 32 days for RTKR and 22 days for LTKR. Thank you everyone for all your support, I see my achievements as being completed by all of us!

God Bless,
Rick

Isn't sleep GRAND??? It makes you feel like there's no problem in the world that cannot be overcome, doesn't it?

Enjoy your day now that you are refreshed!

RickB,
Getting some good sleep and rest is so "key" to recovery. I have found I am finally getting some REM sleep and dreaming again. It has been a long time coming. I still wake up around 2 and have to take 2 Arthritis Strength Tylenol and then go right back to sleep.
Congratulations on your successes! They do come in time.....
Best,
Crystal

How I can remember all of the sleepless nights. One night, it happens, and you have a good night. Before you know it, the number of good nights will become greater, and the number of bad nights will become less. Good for you and sweet dreams!!
Hess

Yes, it happens for us all eventually and then before you know it you can't remember the bad days or the pain and before long you forget about your knees altogether. Great going Rick, let us know what you score bowling, okay? Rowdy

Yes, it happens for us all eventually and then before you know it you can't remember the bad days or the pain and before long you forget about your knees altogether. Great going Rick, let us know what you score bowling, okay? Rowdy

The score will be EXTREMELY high, I'm sure!!!
Hess

Sorry Gang,

I forgot the Doc. wont let me drive for another 22 days and my wife wont take me bowling, sorry! And I beg her!

Rick

Yes, sleep is great that was a bigger problem for me than pain. It took almost 2 months before I had good sleep. Ambien did nothing for me, what worked for me was Lorazapam and knowledge from the sleep doctor (I have sleep disorder which is usually needing lots of afternoon naps and boy I wish it had showed up during those 2 months) that this is a common postop problem called learned insomnia. Seems anxiety is the key.

Enjoy it and to many more nights of sleep.

Simon

Rick -
This was my first real week of good sleep since July - Tuesday night I slept from 9 pm till 7am, Wednesday from 8pm t0 7pm and Thursday night I crawled into bed at 5:30 pm, woke up at 7:30 - checked on the family and dogs, rolled back over - 11pm sent the dogs out and then slept till 7. Last night I was in bed at 9 and slept till 8:30 - I think I woke at 7 but rolled back over. - And all this is with the crazy cryo-cuff on! I think I am finally back to sleeping and boy does it feel good - I am yawning while I type tonight - my daughter is working on a school project and needed mom to supervise - but we are heading off to happy land in 12 minutes - It does get better!

Mariannezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hiya I am 17days aftre my RTKR,and although I can get to sleep,after taking my painkillers,I am finding sometime during the night I have rolled onto my front to sleep,[which is my normal position]but the knee is not taking to kindly to it..;]so I have to take another painkiller when I wake myself up,any ideas on how to stop the dreaded roll over,at least until the knee feels its okay?
Nin...;]

Nin--

I sleep with a body pillow down the length of my operated side--hip to foot and a king size pillow on the other side--centered at the knee. When I do roll over to my side, I put the "up" leg on the pillow I am facing. When I am on my stomach, I put the operated leg up on the pillow next to it, knee slightly bent. This has worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie