So very very tired

Fairydell

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I didn't have too bad a night for the first time in ages but I'm just so very very tired. The constant gnawing pain is really making me weepy and depressed. On a really bad day I can't walk very far without the pain becoming unbearable. This morning we bought two grabbers so that I can start practicing picking things up. I am suddenly aware of just how many times I bend down in a day. I do worry constantly that once I have had my op I will break the ninety degree rule and cause myself a mischief.

@Fairydell Please don't worry about any restrictions. To be honest, your hip just won't want to move that far at first. I had no restrictions post RTHR but I did stick to the 90 degree rule as my hip was stiff.

Nap during the day if you can. Sleep when you are in that horrid pre-op pain is very difficult.

Aww, Fairydell, I'm so sorry. My heart really goes out to you.
I recall that miserable pain well. It can make you feel old and it is depressing.
Thankfully relief is on the way soon. Hang on and rest as often as you're able.

I apologize if this was already mentioned but try a heating pad. It won't completely take away the pain but can be comforting. I often used one in the final weeks leading up to surgery. I'd lay in bed at night and watch tv and it seemed to help a little. Sending a hug and wishing you comfort as you move toward April 4th.
@Fairydell

I’m sorry you have to deal with such terrible pain. At least now you have the end of it in sight - just a couple more weeks. Try to rest and stay off your feet as much as you can. You could try both heat or ice and see what helps the most. You should have ice packs ready for after surgery anyhow and it would give you a chance to try them out. I did read where Layla mentioned heating pad and I’ve seen others recommend that as well so obviously it often helps. It is a matter of finding what works for you. It sounds like a good time to get comfortable in your favorite chair or on the couch and read a good book! Don’t worry about things around the house. They will still be there to be done after your surgery when you feel 100% better! Hang in there!!

@Fairydell
I know that tired feeling well. Before my first hip op I wasn't able to do much because the pain was so bad and it just wears you down. I don't think anyone can really understand unless they have been in that position themselves. Just bear with it as you don't have long to go now.

Yes, it's amazing how many things we drop isn't it. It isn't until you are conscious of it, as you are now, that you realise just what butter fingers we are.

As Jaycey has already said I don't think you need to worry about the restrictions. Initially you will have enough reminders not to bend too low. Then by the time the pain is beginning to subside you will have already gotten into a routine and be using your grabbers/husband to put on clothes or pick up dropped things.

Hurry up 4th April

@Fairydell I so understand your pain and your depression. Constant pain wears us down after a while. It is exhausting and sad. My husband does a good job of holding me together when I really just want to fall apart. But in my alone times, it is mostly overwhelming. I haven't found an answer to these things but I have to believe that the surgery will be worth it, that we will heal and we will get our lives back on track. This really is a case of, failure is not an option. We will get through this and be better for it.

My surgery is the day before yours. I will be waiting for you on the recovery side. Hugs, my friend. :friends:

19 days for us Fairydell. I feel like my life is whizzing past me but I would still happily wish those 19 days away! I take painkiller, which I am sure takes the edge off just a bit but now do nothing except sit in my recliner an binge watch Netflix, lay in bed or do five minute stints in the kitchen. I have developed a system of doing the evening meal 5 minutes at a time over the day, lol

The lack of sleep sure makes the pain harder to cope with. What works for me there is just getting the mindset that I don't have to do anything else (other than pre-op appointments), can relax when I want to and that helps me not worry about how little sleep I am existing on. It's frustrating because there are things I would like to get done before surgery.

I am having my left hip done on April 4, so we will be in surgery together. I remember how scared I was after surgery on my right hip last December. I was so afraid I would dislocate the hip. But here I am, almost 3 months later, and the new right hip is working fine, and I am on my way to a new left hip. hang in there. Just move slowly, and have fun playing with grabbers and sock aids and being creative. Hugs.

Hope all goes well for pre-op today!
:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back