So Scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Kelsey...welcome the the BoneSmart family. We're here for you, hon. Post any time you have a question or concern or even if you just need to chat. If you've done some of the recommended reading, by now you've discovered that we have a lot of BoneSmarties who are young moms like you and have gone successfully through surgery and on to their new lives. You'll be on your way here soon!!

Kelsey, Wow, there are two of us. :) I am almost 32 years old, and just had my left hip replaced in early summer. I felt so scared, too, especially of the impact on my 2-year-old daughter. I had those questions, worries, fears. I've lost count of how many weeks out I am- 10, I think. And though I still get sore at times, I am so much better off than I was before the surgery. I had 7 weeks off work- I think you'll want close to that. You have found a great source of support here. Voice your question and concerns, and you'll get good answers. Take care.

Hi Kelsey

Welcome to BoneSmart... The pre op time is no fun, just waiting for your day.. Too much time to think I found. Try to focus on the good times ahead once you as on your road to recovery and free of pain..

We are here for you, so don't hesitate to voice your concerns, vent if you want, we are good cheer leaders :)

Hi Kelsey,
My Right THR will be done one day before yours. I had my left THR done 8 years ago and it has been great. I had my left knee done in Feburary this year and it has recovered very nicely. I have zero regrets about either surgery. Being pain free is worth its weight in gold. I recommend you do as much 'prehab' as you can to get the hip muscles in as good shape as possible.

Hi Don, dskeener;

Welcome to the BoneSmart family, great to have you come join us :)

Perhaps you might like to start a thread of your own which gives members the opportunity to pop by and chat with you :) you are an old hand at joint replacement with one hip and a knee already done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie