TKR So grateful to have found this community

Oh @Relle, how painful that must have been! I am so sorry that happened to you. :cry:Good for you to be elevating and icing and taking your pain meds on schedule. I hope your GP can help too. You have been having a rough time of it, but surely this is going to get better. It's only natural that you are not the easiest person to live with, when enduring pain like that. Soon, you will be looking back on this time and glad that you are no longer in pain.

(Reminder to self: don't trust my chair ottoman to not slip on the floor like that!)

@Carole4815 thanks for your kind words. Hubby's already been to hardware store and bought non slip pads for anything that looks like it can move. We have recently removed all our carpet and polished the floor boards. Silly me didn't even think of the consequences.
I'm more annoyed with myself. Onwards and upwards through another day.

Hi @hopalong61 nice to hear from you. Overall I am feeling more optimistic about this TKR than the last. The first couple of days were a bit rough but once the initial trauma of the op and the anaesthetic was out of my system I was feeling good. Unfortunately my leg dropped a couple of days ago. I was trying to be too smart and not paying attention. Since then it has been a trial. It is unbelievably hard to get strong enough pain relief once out of hospital.
On the upside my ROM is already around 100 and flexion is good also. I didn't make it past 50 without the MUA last time.
I know it's just the beginning of another long journey but I'm on my way.
Are you planning your next one soon?

Hi @Relle it's good to know you're more optimistic with your second one ! I'm putting off mine until i'm sure this one is going to be as good as it gets, still have stiffness and that tight feeling. I know I might not have the same issues as last time but it still worries me ! Just got back from Turkey again, the heat doesn't help my knee, it's not as painful back home, think it still swells a bit ? I'm going to try some massage therapy I think to loosen it, I think there's still scar tissue, I don't think it will go away now but i'll do what I can to help. My ROM is OK, about 115/120 but Flexion isn't good really which causes me pain in my calf and above my knee. I manage most things so I don't complain but i'd prefer it if the tightness would ease a bit.

It sounds like this one is coming along nicely, except for that leg drop...OUCH! I remember one of those. It just takes one and then no more of those! Your ROM is outstanding!

@hopalong61 im still envious you live so close to all those amazing holiday destinations. I certainly gave this TKR a lot more consideration than the first. You have to go ahead when you feel ready and that is different for everyone. It is a big commitment mentally, length of time to recover and also finances. I've certainly questioned myself for going back on a number of occasions since surgery.
@Motherbone thank you I will be more careful now. I am still annoyed at myself but that's ok. There will be more lessons to learn before I'm finished.
@sistersinhim i am happy with my progress so far, I still don't trust that things won't go backwards but that's just an anxious mind. Time for a little positivity

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts