• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Snow and ice: walk in safety after surgery

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
One of the biggest fears we have after hip or knee replacement surgery is the possibility of falling - especially if you must move about on snow and ice. It is possible to reduce the chance of slipping by using simple "cleats" that attach over your shoes or boots. I've tried them and they REALLY provide stability and traction. There are a number of products available. Here is a photo of one:

aimages_partners_tbn_google_com_images_115c120927ac9f23dd3a0de0e2afd3f7._.jpg

There are several different types and here are some links to places where they can be purchased:

YakTrax Walker

STABILicers Ice Cleats

Due North Ice Cleats

Amen!
In the UK I got these at the Pound Shop for - £1! Though I had got a pair previously from my chiropractor which I gave a way and they cost £21!

I wouldn't be without them though I have to point out to people that they can be lethally slippery if you use them on paving, tarmac or stone, so do be careful!

ice grippers 1.JPG
ice grippers 3.JPG

Go safely into winter weather!!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom