TKR Snoots recovery thread<

@Spex10.... My protocol is 30 minutes ON and 30 Minutes OFF... when the machine is OFF... I remove the ice/compression cuff.... Also, whenever I am not actively icing, the cuff is off my leg.

FYI, just has a visit from the nurse today and she stated my incision is healed very well for only 7 days post-op.

I find all the different protocols very interesting. None of the consultants I work with use compression socks for joint replacements. We just use clexane/aspirin for clot prevention

I find all the different protocols very interesting. None of the consultants I work with use compression socks for joint replacements. We just use clexane/aspirin for clot prevention
I’m also taking aspirin once a day. I must say, I’ve whipped off the stockings as soon as I read @Josephine message. Relief on what has been a horrible day. I took an oxycodon at breakfast today for pain and I’ve been nauseous all day. Haven’t managed to eat much and have just been sick again after trying some toast. Not a great day.

I hope your tummy settles soon, I could not take oxy,but have no issues with hydromorphone which is what I’m on. Maybe see if you can try a different drug. It’s no fun going through all the pain and being sick to your tummy to. Hugs

Last edited by a moderator:
@snoots
With my 2 hip replacements I kept the socks on for the whole 6 weeks each time. The first time was particularly difficult as it was during the UK heatwave last summer.
However, this time they put the socks on me in hospital, the OS came into see me, saw that the socks were cutting in and told the nurse to,take them off. He said that as long as I continued wiggling my toes then there was no need to put the socks back on. Result :)

I'm sorry to hear that you have been nauseous. Are you able to take any other pain relief instead?

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?

The heatwave last summer coincided with my TKR. I found the socks so awful!! However I was excused them after a couple of weeks as I was so mobile. I walked up and down every hour gradually increasing distance then introducing stairs etc. Taking those blessed socks was just wonderful! I also had aspirin for 6 weeks.

I noticed you asked about compression (teds) stockings. I was told to wear them for 6 weeks. I hated them or I should say the pair the hospital gave me kept cutting into me like putting a small on an extra large! I had a stroke last September so my use of aspirin products was discouraged. I also was was swelling and very uncomfortable so I read somewhere on this forum about the JOBST compression stockings. I ordered them in nude and black and they were great! Better compression, better sizing, and they stay up ((I ordered the thigh highs) off of Amazon - just a thought

I have naproxen 500mg x3 per day, paracetamol x4, oxycodon 10mg x2, ondansetron 4mg x3 and omeprazole 50mg x1 per day.

If the oxycodone is making you sick despite ondansteron it might be worth discussing with gp for a review?

Rethink! Have you ‘been’ yet? If not that may be causing nausea/vomiting. It’s a long time not to go.

The opiodes slow gut motility. They're the culprits. Just hoping you've 'been' though!

Haven’t ‘been’!!. Just called the doc to ask for help so awaiting a call back.

@snoots
When I had the same problems for my last op the Dr prescribed Laxido. It worked very well and I have taken It again this time round.
I find the Senna tablets that they sent me home from hospital with don't seem to do anything.
Hope you get it sorted soon as it can make you feel really miserable.

I was given Laxido but I didn't need them once I got home. No prob last time anyway as I only took paracetamol.
Oranges and strong coffee...
Glad you're speaking to the GP. That situation can't go on!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom