Skiing 2 months and 2 weeks from LTHR

More from last two weeks. Sorry no action shots this time. . Did get a good shot of an avalanche we triggered (on purpose) - so kind of action? More to come when the weather clears again. . .

Serious sledding with the kid:
ai47.tinypic.com_200y2kl.jpg

Summit (I'm the one with less gray and more metal joints):
ai46.tinypic.com_2mhbmuo.jpg

Avalanche!
ai48.tinypic.com_124ucs1.jpg

ai47.tinypic.com_e5n15i.jpg

Great photos!!! What beautiful country!!!

Indeed - you look awesome!

Just a little note: could you make sure you don't make your pics exceed 640x800 pixels? They a teeny bit BIG otherwise! :wink:

An update:

Last week before the kids were dogpiling me in this photo, I was surfing the wave in the background. I hadn't surfed in years. . . Pretty much couldn't straddle the board cause I was too stiff. Better now:
ai938.photobucket.com_albums_ad224_davideller_DSC01296.jpg

Then back to skiing. . . Another day in the office:
ai938.photobucket.com_albums_ad224_davideller_DSC01307.jpg

Glorious powder:
ai938.photobucket.com_albums_ad224_davideller_DSC01313.jpg
ai938.photobucket.com_albums_ad224_davideller_DSC01318.jpg

Until the next storm or first revision. . .

Look at that view! Lovely jubbly!

You're amazing!!!!

Do you have cemented? If not arn't you afraid of losening parts?

I am involved in a sport that is pretty sedate comapared to yours and I have been given all kinds of warnings and nasty scenario's.

Just curious....

C4

Not cemented, but rather press-fit.

Not too worried about loosening parts. The press-fit models have a porous surface that allows ingrowth of your body's natural bone. This acts like velcro essentially. The best part is, the more you use the bones (i.e. weight bear, vibrate, etc.) the stronger the bone becomes.

I do worry about peri-prosthetic fractures. That's pretty much what I worry about. I don't run a DIN of 12 anymore on my ski bindings and when I'm doing more aggressive biking I have fairly copious padding and don't try the unknown without a GREAT deal of thought.

Shirley Lewis's post and reply have been moved here as the topic was too important to be lost in an old thread.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back