Sixteen Week Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieHill

Hi all

I haven't been here for ages and thought I would drop a line to let you know how I am going.

I had my last physio session two weeks ago and he said he doesn't need to see me anymore - yeaa I graduated. I've got about 115 degrees bend in both knees and they are far stronger than they have been for over 10 years. I have been doing hydrotherapy three times a week but am dropping that now to twice a week. My physio feels the water exercises are probably a bit too easy for me now and I should be doing more gym work to improve my strength, but that is nowhere near as much fun as the hydro.. he just laughs at me when I tell him that. I am sure it is good for my general health anyway.

The only pain meds I have taken is Panadol osteo and I have been dilligent taking that 3 times a day, until today. I woke up this morning and thought I really didn't need it because I didn't even have a twinge, so I skipped it. Then came 2:30pm when I usually take my afternoon dose.. still didn't need it. It is now 11pm and I don't think I need my night dose, so this looks like my first completely drug free day. I am not even having any problems with my rheumatoid in my other joints at this moment which is fantastic.

People tell me that I look taller (probably just walk a lot straighter now) and I look younger than I did. My OS said the pain has gone from my face, and I think he is 100% right.

I have been working part time since August 31 and full time for the past 4 weeks and coping fine. I can go shopping and wander around the plaza for hours without even thinking about needing to sit down. It might sound weird, but I can go to public toilets now because I am not scared that I won't be able to get off them (is that sharing too much?)

All in all - life is pretty groovy now!!! :flwsm:

Debbie

It sounds to me like you have hit a real milestone in your recovery! Your letter inspires me. :thmb: And no, that is not sharing too much.:hehe:

Well, Debbie! Thanks for sharing that - it does this old heart good to hear such reports.

Thank you very much for the update! It sounds as if you are making great progress and are getting your life back in order! It sounds like you are really regaining your activity levels, too!

I still prefer those higher toilets with the grab bars on the wall. I am a tall person (5'11") with long legs and some of those public toilets are so low to the ground that I feel like my knees are up by my ears!!! Sorry if that was TMI...... :D

Debbie--I am so impressed that you are working and having no problems. good work. K

Hi, Debbie!!! It's so great to hear you're doing well. It is amazing how losing the pain can make such a difference in a person's life. You go, girl!!!! Have a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties