Six years on from Replacement

:ok: Great you have a date!
New double hippy in house on May 23:yes:

Had to go to a compulsory "Joint School" session today. At my pre-op they gave me a very well produced booklet to read, it was all in simple English and unambiguous. Today I had to sit with a room full of limping people whist the highlighted content of the book was read to us and displayed on a screen. Utter waste of my time and of the medical professionals involved.

I'm sorry you were bored, but some people do need it spoon fed to them.
Just ticking off the boxes, I'm sure.
Now it's just Hurry up and Wait.

Hope you have a good weekend!

I know what you mean about the joint class but there are always hoops to jump through and steps we have to take to make sure all is well for all. I have a feeling I will have to sit through a class again at my other hip was 2yrs ago. I just keep thinking that each of these requirements will get me closer to the goal. No more pain.

I was very surprised and just how badly affected most of the people there were compared to me, they had obviously been on a worn out hip for many years without treatment. I presume we were all under the same health authority rules so it should not be down to economics. I walked into my Drs and asked for a referral which she granted me and after x ray the OT just asked "Is it affecting your lifestyle?", it was and he placed me on the list. I just presume that the poor people with me yesterday had not started the ball rolling when the problem first manifested.
And thank you I am going to have a good weekend, I am installing a photography exhibition to mark the 120th anniversary of my old school's opening, it is involving a lot of hip pain whilst up ladders!

How cool that the school is that old, and that you are highlighting it when your craft.

Well 36 hours to go to surgery. I have used the last two weeks preparing in my own way for surgery and recovery. Frozen meals prepared for about 10 days and a gallon of beer laid in. I spent last week in the mountains of Wales watching birds, dragonflies and butterflies walking 8 miles a day, it hurt but it was worth the pain even though come evening I could freeze on trying to climb a curb stone! The last few days I have been out on my local nature reserves teaching and tomorrow I am driving to the Malvern Hills to rebuild the cylinder head of my motorcycle so I can race in September, I may climb the hills if there is time. Thank you for indulging me, my next post should be in the recovery forum.

:happydance:Last one and done, @Ariel .
Flex that patience muscle...you will need it.
Good mojo coming your way!:ok:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back