Six weeks and counting to TKR

fatcat54

Country
United States United States
October 31, 2019 is the date for my TKR.

Have been getting my dental work completed and losing the 20 lbs. the surgeon wanted me to lose when I visited him for the consultation on July 1. Only 7 more lbs. to go to hit the 20 lb. mark by my weigh in on October 15.

PT is all set up also for mid November. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

The most important thing to remember about PT is that it shouldn't hurt. If it hurts, it is more than your new knee is ready for.
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

Congrats on getting a date (and your weight loss).
As far as PT--another way of saying what Celle said is listen to the knee.

I will be just ahead of you on October 28 :scaredycat:

Date fixed... good weight loss...
well done.. that’s not so easy to do when you are waiting for an op..

I’m having TKR on 14th October... pre op tomorrow.. becoming real now [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the tips. Good luck to all who are having the surgery before me.

My pre-op is October 4, my weigh in is October 15 and I meet with the Anesthesiologist and go to a TKR workshop at the hospital on the 17th.

Hi fatkat my surgery is 10/31 too. I’m so nervous. I have my preop appt on the 16th.

Good job with your weight loss. I’m a WW’er too and I’ve lost 50 lbs in the last year. Been struggling with not being able to be as active as I was.

Nicole

Greetings @fatcat54! Congrats on your weightloss and welcome to the forums! I've just had my 2nd knee done and despite the challenges, it's the best decision ever!

Nice to meet you @flacie1 I'm WW too. I'll have to go see if you have a home thread too.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88