THR Six days post surgery<

Have fun, @Cathippy .
You deserve a change of scenery.:yes:

Well holiday was ok and did lots of walking but my back has been really playing up and it appears might be because my insole for shorter leg has flattened. Cannot get it out of shoe either so been having to patch with a gel heel.
Experimenting with heel lifts and have arranged an assessment with a chiropractor.
Body not liking work either as get widespread pain and to top it all feeling down.
Five and a half months now and whilst I can walk again seem to have a new set of painful problems to contend with. :oyvey:
Wishing you all a very Happy Easter
:flwrysmile:

:hi: @Cathippy
I'm sorry that you are dealing with the aggravation of the lifts and inserts...trying to figure out what might help. I sure hope your chiropractor appointment brings some relief .
How is left hip feeling? I know you said OS mentioned doing some evening up when you had other hip surgery...
Wish I had some sage advice ...but I do sympathize that you feel discouraged and hope you manage to have a nice Easter.:console2:

Thanks @Mojo333
My other hip though worn on thexray is asymptomatic so wont be having it done anytime soon.
In the meanwhile i am left with shoes I can no longer wear and a painful back particularly since I increased my walking.
I am praying the chiro will be able to identify the problem clearly...so I know what to do.
My new hip is aching today along with my shoulder. Grrrr :what:

I do hope so too.:fingersx:
I will say I was far from my pre-op OA pain that had gotten me to miserable at 5-6 months out from my hip replacement, but I was also far from healed. Especially after a lot of walking.
If course I didn't have the LLD to contend with.
Still possible to overdo so remember to chill some:ice:
Hugs...

Hello @Cathippy . I was sorry to read on another thread that you were feeling low. It is hard when recovery drags on. It is encouraging to read posts from people like @SurreyGirl who also had a slow recovery (I hope she won’t mind me saying that) but really seems to be coming good now. I chronicle my ups and downs in the hopes that some time in the future I can be the one cheering other hippies up, saying don’t worry, I was still suffering this and that at x months, but I’m flying high now. You too will be an inspiration. You said, I think, that you are going through the motions. Well done, that will pay off in time.

Hugs to you.

Hugs :console2:
I hope your days begin feeling brighter soon.
We're here for you @Cathippy

:wave:@Cathippy
Hope you have been having good weather and have been getting out some!
We are having a crazy heat wave week here, not the norm to run in upper 90sF
so early in the year.
Will be a long hot summer for sure!
Hope today will be a good day!:friends:

Thanks @Mojo333 been lovely here tho bit of a chilly wind. We did have some unusual hot weather here in Feb tho. I live in NW England and last summer was exceptional hot and dry too. Where are you? Have just had a run of three days not feeling too emotional despite being stressed with my youngest son up Everest! Hoping it lasts...

I too am sorry you are having such a hard time. But, it IS hard, but it will get easier although it’s not perfect of course after 6 weeks. I thought I’d feel a lot better by this time. My hip does - I can walk!!! Which is amazing with no pain or meds.

But I remember just how HARD the first 2 weeks home was. I stayed upstairs in a bi-level house since my bathroom was just upstairs. If I needed ice, someone would have to bring it to me and sometimes, nobody would be home and it was so frustrating to feel so helpless.

But...to be truthful, I didn’t realize it would be so hard for me and so isolating (I live alone) and had to rely on anyone I could find.

Sounds as if your early days been hard being on your own @Trudijane. I was lucky to have my 88yr old mum to look after me. Being able to walk is wonderful so have been surprised to have found myself low. I hold onto knowing all things pass...with time ...for us all.

:hi: I do hope your cloud stays lifted:blackcloud:
I am in Georgia, US and it will be near 100F by the weekend. I'm used to this, but near this early in the year.
Have just had a run of three days not feeling too emotional despite being stressed with my youngest son up Everest!
Oh my stars!
I should think I would be anxious too.:unsure:

I was lucky to have my 88yr old mum to look after me.
Really? That is kind of amazing. You better get things worked out my dear friend, sounds like longevity is in your genes. :)
I really hope you get some good mojo going...and can put that new hip to enjoying some happy times.
Hugs for a good day:loveshwr:

Youngest son up Everest! That’s enough to stress anyone. But what an achievement.

Quite an achievement and good for him, but tell him mama's nerves need a break!:heehee:
And Indeed we all have our mountains to climb.
I hope you are feeling better.:friends:
When I find myself getting anxious or low, my position at the food bank provides me with daily contact with many with such worse problems than I have, that I can easily count my blessings.

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @Cathippy
Missed congratulating you on your one year hipversary.
Hope all is well with you and your other hip is not complaining.

Hope your holidays are happy and bright.:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Delighted to hear from you and thank you for remembering me
Have had a challenging time with leg length discrepancy and strained short leg knee recently causing some hip pain non operated side Grrrrr ! However reminding myself I am walking this year without crutches which is good
Wishing you all many thanks for being there and hope you have a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2020 ❤

It's good to hear from you @Cathippy
I'm sorry your left hip is causing you some misery. I'm assuming the heel lifts aren't helping. Wish you didn't have to deal with this and hope you're exhausting all options and eventually obtain relief.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy healthy 2020.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads