THR Six days post surgery<

Hi Catherine,
Here is an article on hair loss -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hair-loss-following-surgery-trauma-stress.22564/
Hope this offers you some reassurance. It sounds like Protein plays a roll.
Following are some protein snack ideas -

Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)

May your locks soon be long and luscious! :yes: @Cathippy

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a great week :)
@Cathippy

:wave:pretty lady!
Glad to read your mobility is improving...
You are SO tiny...your pic with your boys make you look even tinier.
Had to get father's genes, yes?
You grew them up BIG.

Do pop by with update.:ok:

Hi @Mojo333 I am 5ft 2 and my men are all over 6ft ! No wonder my neck causes me problems at times :snork:
Done 2 weeks at work now only half days and did my body hurt after, all of it. Recovered though and sure it will get use eventually.
Hip ok though can get a bit achy at times. Saw physio about lower back this week and advised to restart my back exercises found I could now specially knees to chest ! Should have seen surgeon yesterday but had to reschedule as had upset digestive system. Upper back/shoulder/arm settling some....hope this continues.
Keep up the good work @Mojo333 and thank you for being there

You will get there...:tada:
Rest up this weekend.:yes:
Hope today is a Good Good Day!:SUNsmile:

Well it had to happen sometime I suppose. The weather has been so good here with warm sunshine I couldnt resist tidying up a flower bed. Honestly I only spent about 30mins kneeling to do this with the occasional spells on all fours.
Now my hip hurts when I raise my leg.
Difficult driving to work today as hurt using break. Icing it as I write. Hope it settles by tomorrow as off to London to visit son Friday.
Seeing surgeon Thursday afternoon and everything was going so well :sorry:
Work proving challenging too !

Aww, that's too bad. I'm sorry you're hurting.
Keep icing and rest up, so you're good to go in three days.
Safe travels to London on Friday. Enjoy the time with your son!
@Cathippy

Well my follow up visit to see my surgeon yesterday was a damp squib ! Felt like I was holding him up as he spent more time doing the paperwork than focusing on me. Definately having an off day and at the moment I am sensitive about these things.
Anyway xray appears ok and he thinks pain is soft tissue related advising anti inflams and to remember muscles need time to recover up to a year. So will have to get a gardener in to tidy up. About leg length discrepancy said he would be able to correct when he does other hip but not planning to have that done anytime soon as no problem so will have to continue with heel lift but need to see about how to manage open sandals in summer.
See me again nine months.
Maybe I need to see a physio or will walking and time be enough to build up muscles ?
He did ask how long I used crutches for...insists 3/12 but only managed 2 and shoulder still aches !
Mixed week at work but at least only 2 days this week.
Feeling fragile emotionally and physically as I set off to London to visit son .. come back sunshine you helped :sorry:
Happy and healing weekend all
Catherine

I don't like to see you discouraged dear cathippy.:console2:
I remember all the trouble you had with your shoulders and arms with the crutches so I certainly sympathise.
Hopefully a visit with your son will cheer you and I'm hoping you have a sunny weekend :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

wear breathable shoes.I have a pair of shoes that look like tennis shoes, but they are lightweight and full of tiny holes so my feet stay cool.If I don't wear socks with them it feels alot like wearing a open toed sandals.

Well my follow up visit to see my surgeon yesterday was a damp squib !

Hahaha! I love some of the phrases I learn from you, Brits. I had to look it up.

I'm sorry you were unhappy with your visit. It's probably not any consolation, but at only four months post op, you're still fairly early into the healing process when you consider how long you'll have the implant. Try to be patient and give it more time. If you can't wait until 9 months to see him again, I'd schedule another appt in a couple months if there is no improvement, but hopefully there will be.

I'm hoping the sun shines for you today and that you have a lovely visit with your son in London :SUNsmile:
Stay in touch. :console2:
@Cathippy

I’m sorry to read your dr visit didn’t quite go as you had hoped but I agree with Layla that it is still early and things may gradually keep improving over the next few months. Early on we can look back to the previous week and see the improvements but as time goes on, improvements are much more subtle and you have to look back a month or two to realize what changes may have taken place. I think walking will most definitely improve your muscle strength in your legs but again, it takes time. Start slowly with short distances and then gradually increase time and distances slowly.

One thing the doctors forget to tell all of us about surgery is that post op requires a LOT of patience!!!

Wishing you a happy 4 month anniversary @Cathippy . I hope you are feeling better than at last post. I can so much sympathise with your desire to get on with the garden, plus finding the return to normal weather a downer. But the days are getting longer and real spring is not far away.

Thank you @Klassy
I am up and down still really with recovery as think I thought like the NHS website said I would be back to normal now and I am not. I can walk for about an hour but discovered limitations last weekend in London when I spent time in the Tower in the cafe and had to ask my husband to push me round the Natural History Museum as getting to these places took what I had :sorry: was good seeing my son and his partner tho !
It is also taking time to get back into work as only do 3 days and been building hours up so still feel like an outsider. Need patience as work is also hard on my back and body too :shrug: but am making progress and well supported by colleagues.
Weather really awful now though but think have persuaded my husband to go abroad for week end of month instead of UK aka @SurreyGirl did so hoping that will help lift my flagging spirits as feel quite emotional at times :boohoo: not depressed yet tho just emotional and remind myself this is normal as I would my patients !
Glad you let NHS website know their info is accurate ... :)
Wishing you all healing and peace xx

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're able to get away with your husband at the end of the month.
It should help ease the monotony of recovery and also boost your mood.
Best wishes for a nice week!
@Cathippy

I read on another thread that you are going on your holiday. I hope it is a wonderful break for you, full of sunshine.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie