Lounge Doctor
Ask the Expert Webinar

THR Six Days Out - No More

lizard615

Country
United States United States
I’m excited and nervous at the same time. It’s on the same leg that I have an artificial knee. But I’ll tell you what I’m in so much pain right now. Lower back all the way down to my foot. Just need to hear from people who have had the same kind of pain! And the same kind of feelings!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello,
I‘m sorry you’re in so much pain. I can’t really relate to your level of discomfort, but I do remember the pre-op anxiety you mention. My heart goes out to you. I hope the next six days pass quickly for you. Wishing you comfort and will look forward to following your recovery on the healing side.
@lizard615

Eman85

post-grad
Country
Well I've had my share of pain and was pretty apprehensive before both of my THR's. I can tell you that the THR takes away the pain that comes from your hip joint. In many cases like my right hip it took away pain that radiated down my leg and actually into my foot. On the other hand it's not a miracle and many of my other aches and pains remain including my back.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:
I’m excited and nervous at the same time.
I certainly felt this way. Looked sort of like this :dubious:
:heehee:
But I’ll tell you what I’m in so much pain right now. Lower back all the way down to my foot.
My lower back was terribly painful and it did affect my affect my entire leg on the right side.
I laid on a heating pad at night ALOT.

BTHR took away my hip pain and mostly resolved my back pain.
I did get some PT for SI issues about a year and a half after my replacements.
It is really very good now unless I overdo ...heavy lifting.

Not much longer now.:egypdance:

OP
OP
L

lizard615

Country
Hello,
I‘m sorry you’re in so much pain. I can’t really relate to your level of discomfort, but I do remember the pre-op anxiety you mention. My heart goes out to you. I hope the next six days pass quickly for you. Wishing you comfort and will look forward to following your recovery on the healing side.
@lizard615
Thank you so much and I will be following up with everyone!

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Apprehension and excitement became companions for me but mostly I tried to focus on the pain being gone. I also had pain from lower back/buttock area down the leg and I was not doing a lot. I would use heating pad on my back when sitting and then move it down the leg in different spots to ease some of the feeling. It helped to relax some of the muscles in my back and thigh and lower leg even though the hip still hurt. I used it evenings mainly to help me get to sleep, though sleep was not great during this time.

OP
OP
L

lizard615

Country
Apprehension and excitement became companions for me but mostly I tried to focus on the pain being gone. I also had pain from lower back/buttock area down the leg and I was not doing a lot. I would use heating pad on my back when sitting and then move it down the leg in different spots to ease some of the feeling. It helped to relax some of the muscles in my back and thigh and lower leg even though the hip still hurt. I used it evenings mainly to help me get to sleep, though sleep was not great during this time.
I can’t forget the pain in my groin area which is all the time! I will focus on the pain being gone. Just a few more days.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
It is almost impossible to forget the pain :gaah: when it is constant. Sending cyber hugs to get you through these last few days. :console2: :flwrysmile:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:
Tomorrow is your big day and we’re in place ready to cheer you on.
You‘ll be in our thoughts and we look forward to following your journey on the healing side.
Wishing you comfort and all the best until we hear from you again. :)
@lizard615

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sending best wishes for your surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. Soon you will be on the shiny side (recovery). I hope we see you there. I set up my recovery thread the night before my surgery so it would be waiting for me after surgery. :flwrysmile:

Hip4life

graduate
Country
Thinking of you today and tomorrow. I remember putting my head on my hubby’s shoulder in the registration area and him giving my hand a squeeze. Like he was reading my mind, he said: “I know, but soon things will be in place to help you.” And they were, and they did. I think the lead up and anticipation really were the worst part. Blessings for an uneventful surgery and good post op pain control. Looking forward to your first post from the recovery side when you’re up to it. ❤

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Healing vibes coming your way.:ok:
Bye bye hip pain!!!:egypdance:

jellyjoints

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Lizard 615

I hope your pain subsides post surgery. I have terrible pain in my left knee and ankle which I will need to work on post surgery as I'm sure it is caused by my collapsed hip joint- my left THR is next week and I am counting the days.

Best wishes
JJ

OP
OP
L

lizard615

Country
Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and Wishes… Unfortunately my surgery was canceled due to the hurricane. The hospital called me the morning of my surgery and said that they had no power. Apparently a tree fell on either their generator or whatever! So the doctors office now has to juggle 14 surgeries. Monday was canceled also and then Tuesday was canceled. I’ll keep everyone posted! Thank you everyone!

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm so sorry to hear that. How are you coping?

I hope you soon get an alternative date for your surgery. Please let us know when you do and we'll change the date in your signature and in the August Hot Shots surgery team thread.

OP
OP
L

lizard615

Country
I will. I’m OK. I called the surgeons office yesterday and today and the surgery scheduler said that they have a plan and they just need to get the doctor to approve it and then she will start making the phone calls. So I guess I just wait. In the meantime I’m looking for a recliner!

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Oh, I am so sorry. It is so hard :gaah:when you are all ready to go and there is a hold up especially at the last minute. I am sure they will try to get everyone on asap. Hang in there.

Hip4life

graduate
Country
Oh, no! If it’s not one disaster, it’s another. Here’s praying that you get your surgery rescheduled very soon. Sometimes it’s amazing what they can do. I was able to get my surgery in sooner because the OS gave up one of his clinical afternoons. I have been grateful ever since. Keep us posted.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Ant69
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom