Lounge Doctor

THR Sitting/lying ….

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I'm not sure what is going on for your toes but will say that you are still very early into your recovery and it seems reasonable to think it's still the recovery process.
The sore thigh ache near the incision is just another reminder that you recently had surgery.

Glad to see that you see your Consultant early November! It will be interesting to hear what they say about this. If it's really bothering or worrying you, would you consider placing a call before your visit?

@Hipittyhop

OP
OP
H

Hipittyhop

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My physio gave it to me, so it’s all fairly regular and I do it 3 x daily. Although when he first gave it to me, I misread it and thought I had to do 3x10 or 3x6 reps whatever the reps were 3 times a day when I should have been doing 1 set of 10 reps or 1 set of 6 reps three times a day!! (there are 12 exercises altogether) I walk around a mile to 1.5 miles a day. Maybe I just need to slow down a little ‍♀♀

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Hipittyhop :wave:
Several short walks were more helpful for me than longer ones.
Keeps muscles from overdoing at one time.

Also, after my hip surgery... my old best shoes began causing me foot issues.

Old wear patterns from bad gait are unhelpful and so new shoes are most often necessary.

Keep that patience muscle toned up!
All Temporary became my Recovery Mantra.:) :-) (:

Eman85

supremo
Country
My physio gave it to me, so it’s all fairly regular and I do it 3 x daily. Although when he first gave it to me, I misread it and thought I had to do 3x10 or 3x6 reps whatever the reps were 3 times a day when I should have been doing 1 set of 10 reps or 1 set of 6 reps three times a day!! (there are 12 exercises altogether) I walk around a mile to 1.5 miles a day. Maybe I just need to slow down a little ‍♀♀
Possibly doing too much, what are the exercises? Sometimes certain exercises on the one size fits all handouts can cause a lot of undue pain and really don't seem to have any benefit. I found that measuring my walking in distance and speed was non productive, good form and walking slow gave me better results.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
knobbyknees
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom