THR Sitting/lying ….

I'm not sure what is going on for your toes but will say that you are still very early into your recovery and it seems reasonable to think it's still the recovery process.
The sore thigh ache near the incision is just another reminder that you recently had surgery.

Glad to see that you see your Consultant early November! It will be interesting to hear what they say about this. If it's really bothering or worrying you, would you consider placing a call before your visit?

@Hipittyhop

My physio gave it to me, so it’s all fairly regular and I do it 3 x daily. Although when he first gave it to me, I misread it and thought I had to do 3x10 or 3x6 reps whatever the reps were 3 times a day when I should have been doing 1 set of 10 reps or 1 set of 6 reps three times a day!! (there are 12 exercises altogether) I walk around a mile to 1.5 miles a day. Maybe I just need to slow down a little ‍♀️♀️

Hi @Hipittyhop :wave:
Several short walks were more helpful for me than longer ones.
Keeps muscles from overdoing at one time.

Also, after my hip surgery... my old best shoes began causing me foot issues.

Old wear patterns from bad gait are unhelpful and so new shoes are most often necessary.

Keep that patience muscle toned up!
All Temporary became my Recovery Mantra.:) :-) (:

My physio gave it to me, so it’s all fairly regular and I do it 3 x daily. Although when he first gave it to me, I misread it and thought I had to do 3x10 or 3x6 reps whatever the reps were 3 times a day when I should have been doing 1 set of 10 reps or 1 set of 6 reps three times a day!! (there are 12 exercises altogether) I walk around a mile to 1.5 miles a day. Maybe I just need to slow down a little ‍♀‍♀
Possibly doing too much, what are the exercises? Sometimes certain exercises on the one size fits all handouts can cause a lot of undue pain and really don't seem to have any benefit. I found that measuring my walking in distance and speed was non productive, good form and walking slow gave me better results.

Hi everyone, I’m now around 3 months post op. Apart from a little incision discomfort every now and again, my hip is good!
My knee, not so great!
No arthritis was detected in my knee when I had my left knee x-rayed. However, after walking for a while the inner knee becomes sore and painful! This pain was described as referred pain by my Consultant when my hip was being investigated.
Is anyone else experiencing knee pain after hip replacement? I feel so close to ‘normal’ but for the knee problem! Could it be my gait? Not exercising enough, specifically knee? Or, am I still recovering? Is everything still mending? I do want to walk properly again! Should I refer back to my Surgeon?

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Regretfully this isn’t much comfort, but I dealt with the same. I had my knee x-rayed several months into my recovery also. The knee is manipulated rather aggressively during the dislocation process and it can take awhile for the discomfort to ease. Try icing your knee on a regular basis, always placing fabric between skin and the ice source. It could also be that your body is still adjusting to the implant as your gait has changed once again after surgery. I’d also suggest you replace the shoes you wear most often, if you haven’t already and avoid wearing any with the old pre-op wear pattern. You may have to give it awhile longer and hopefully the pain slowly eases.
Happy Holidays to you and many blessings in the New Year! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
@Hipittyhop

Knee pain is common and sometimes it's just the muscles. The IT band goes all the way down to the knee. When walking uphill or downhill i would hurt at the top of my knee, sometimes a burning type pain. It passed like many of the other pains.

Thank you Layla and Eman85, I’m pretty sure you are both right. Sometimes though, it’s good to hear it from others with personal experience.
I am hoping that things settle down, I guess we are advised that it takes 6-12 months for a reason
I will stay strong, follow a sensible exercise programme, eat healthily and listen to good advice from you wise people on this forum. Thank you, happy Christmas/Holidays and many best wishes for 2022 xxx

Break out your ice for the knee, it should help calm it down.

Hey there, :wave:
It’s been four months now. Happy Anniversary! Time flies when we’re healing…well, after awhile anyway. :wink:

I hope you enjoyed the holidays and you’re happy with your progress.
Leave us an update whenever the mood strikes, we’d love to hear from you.
All the best to you in 2022!
@Hipittyhop

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JennyG42
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom