THR Sitting comfortably

15 th day post op wound check by nurse dissolvable stitches and glue!! All looks good.
Nurse very encouraging about my walking so has given me a bit of a boost.
She told me to use E45 on scar to help moisterise skin. Feeling elated

Wonderful to hear, Dogmother. It is a comfort and encouragement to hear from the medical professionals, in person, that your progress is good. I’m happy you’re elated!
A great Thursday to you as you continue healing! :)
@Dogmother

post op wound check by nurse dissolvable stitches and glue
The explains why you didn't have any followup appointment to have staples or stitches removed. I'll bet you are very happy with this - done and dusted!

@Dogmother GREAT report from nurse!!! Glad you feel better about both incision and walking now.
You asked, hopefully it will get better? My PT told me, hip recovery averages 50 weeks. Given you still have 48 of those to improve in (all by itself your body does this, it's amazing...), I would certainly hope it will get better! It has for an awful lot of hippies here, including me!

I had a thought when I was stretching yesterday: the older hip, at 7, is easier to stretch in a certain way than the younger one, only 3. I wonder if in another 4 years the younger hip will be where the elder one is now. Bearing in mind of course the four birthdays the rest if my body will experience! :heehee:

hopefully things will get even better?

Yes! :yes: Better and better. At only 15 days post op you have lots of room for improvement and you will notice / enjoy progress for many months to come!
Hang in there, brighter days on the horizon. :SUNsmile:

@zauberflote
Thank you for you kind word of encouragement I'm hoping the days will get better and better
Hope all good with you to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Dogmother yes all is well! Other than a hurricane bearing down on a house we own in Tidewater Virginia that is. Nobody currently lives there, and the yard has seen worse, but hurricanes are notoriously unpredictable!

:hi: @Dogmother
Stopping by to say Hi and wish you a Happy One Month Anniversary!
How are you doing at one month post op? I hope you’re enjoying great progress and growing stronger week by week. Leave an update if you have time, we’d love to hear from you.
Have a great weekend!:SUNsmile:

Hi thank you for remembering my one month anniversary.
Not doing great some days good some days not I have hard swellings under my feet making it hard to exercise properly or ware shoes. Hard lump above my knee causing tightness. Also over scar.Of course only received on PT phone consultation so not able to get help through PT. So progress is slow.
I hope everyone else is doing well, getting stronger and out and about?

@Dogmother so sorry to hear you are having ups and downs, but it does come with the territory. We have a good day and perhaps overdo it a tiny tad, and the next day is anywhere from just a little blah to unable to stay awake but can't sleep for soreness.

Hard swelling on the feet sounds painful!!! Is this something you usually have? If not, have you called your surgeon? I have never heard of that, so can't make any bright comments.

Keep coming here, for support and entertainment. There are some lonnnng-running games in the social area

I have hard swellings under my feet making it hard to exercise properly or ware shoes. Hard lump above my knee causing tightness. Also over scar.

I am sorry to read this, Dogmother. it sounds uncomfortable. Have you tried icing and elevation? If not, please give it a try. Consider contacting the office of your surgeon to let them advise. Maybe you could forward a photo from your phone of the areas of concern and see what they think?

Stay in touch, we’re here for you. :)

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Wondering how you’re doing since we last heard from you? Hopefully the swelling in your feet and knee has eased, or better yet, disappeared. Please leave an update as time allows. Will look forward to hearing from you.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
@Dogmother

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hoping all is well and you’re enjoying a beautiful Autumn across the pond.
We‘d love to hear from you as time allows.
All the best! :)
@Dogmother

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks