THR Sitting comfortably

@Dogmother I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Please tell your friend my mouth watered when you wrote "ginger biscuits". I don't think I've seen those as a nausea helper ever, but it sounds a good way to get a little something solid on your poor stomach, while soothing the nausea a bit. Yogurt always helps settle my stomach. Coffee is my favorite flavor :wink:

They are very tasty and work like a dream. As you say they are substantial. Yoghurt great idea not hear of coffee flavour but caramel would be good. Thanks for the tip

my mouth watered when you wrote "ginger biscuits". I don't think I've seen those as a nausea helper ever, but it sounds a good way to get a lit

Don’t know if they have Trader Joe’s across the pond, Dogmother, but they have the best Ginger cookies. Triple Ginger Snaps. Bet ya can’t eat just one.:heehee: Probably can’t eat any if there’s no Trader Joe’s, but Zauberfloate can try them stateside.

Hello everyone has been so kind and helpful I thank you for welcoming me to the family
Just wondering if anyone has any tips about sitting comfortably. How do you do it.? I'm having to lie on the bed rather than sitting in with my family as I cant get comfortable at all.

Hi @Dogmother

You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. Don't worry that we won't see your question as, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

By the way, you did have a hip replacement, didn't you? I'm just asking because your new thread started with "Hip Resurfacing", which is something a bit different.

So sorry I'm technophobic. I'm not even sure how I managed to get this far quite honestly. I have no idea about twitter sorry

Yes I had right hip replacement

I have no idea about twitter sorry
This is not Twitter.

We have a whole section here that will help you - How To Use This Forum
Just click on the blue writing and it will take you to that area.
There, you will find lots of helpful article abut how to do things on BoneSmart.

Sitting comfortably for me was in the recliner slightly reclined. When sitting in a chair I used a very soft thick pillow for my first hip and for the second I bought a 4# cushion from Amazon that they sell for wheelchairs. It elevated me to a better height for sitting and standing and was soft on my butt. Where exactly is your pain when sitting? I did ice a lot also to keep the swelling down which helps with sitting also.

Hi leejaa thanks for your reply unfortunately I don't have a recliner.i feel pain in the back of my knees and hip when sitting in a chair with soft cushion under me and behind me.
So find it more comfortable lying on the bed. Still feeling queezy most of the time. Been taken off of ibuprofen now so only on Paracetamol and blood thinner.

Hi Dogmother , can you get hold of a cushion that's shaped like a donut, with a hole in the middle?
Something like this?
1595575788246.png

Has anyone experienced neck and back of head pain after spinal anaesthetic. Just started yesterday 9 days after Hip replacement.?

Apixaban apparently should not be taken with ibuprofen my Doctor was very surprised that the hospital had sent me home on both.!

Are you still spending most of your time in bed? That could be causing this neck and back of head pain.

Is your doctor offering you something else to replace the ibuprofen?

Hi Jaycey Yes I have no other way to rest apart from bed. Looking at buying a recliner but suitable for purpose but so expensive not sure a manual one would be possible to push back down with sore hip!!??
Doctor would prescribe codine but unfortunately they drop my blood pressure and oxygen levels. So I'm stuck on Paracetamol only
Feeling useless

Hi @Dogmother
Feeling useless initially is not uncommon. You don't have the ability to comfortably do many things in these early days. I think you’ll be surprised by how quickly you progress though. Try not to look at progress daily, but weekly only. Pick a day of the week and allow yourself on that day to reflect back on the progress you’ve made since that same day the previous week. If you look for daily progress, you’ll continually feel let down.

I experienced posterior approach and aside from the odd sensation of feeling like I was a sitting on a tennis ball, it really didn’t bother me. I think the key is ICE and pillows. I used many pillows of different size and softness / firmness. Ice often and ice any area of your leg that is bothering you. Even behind your knees if need be. I iced almost constantly. If I was sitting or laying down, I was icing.

I do agree with Jaycey that your headache may be from laying down too much. Try to walk a little bit every hour and make sure you’re adequately hydrated as headache is often an early sign of dehydration. I know you can rent recliners in the states, maybe something you should look into in your area.

It’s such early days for you and while it may not seem like it now, things will turn around pretty quickly.

Hugs

Hi Layla
Great to hear things improve. I'm expecting to much I know. Never been a sit about person! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I feel that when I elevate my legs is when I mostly feel sick but sure things will improve as you say.
Thank you takecare❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom