TKR Sinus infection Pre Op RTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.

embroiderysandi

Country
United States United States
1 Week before TKR and I come down with a stupid sinus infection. Doctor gave me a z pack, I have 2 more days of pills and feel the same or worse. Will I be able to have my TKR surgery if I am still coughing, headache, drainage and pressure in my face? I had a low grade fever yesterday, but no fever today.

@embroiderysandi Welcome to BoneSmart! You will need to check with your surgeon's office on this. Finish your medication and lots of fluids. Fingers crossed for you!

What is the exact date of your surgery? We will make a signature for you.

Oh poor you, hope you feel better soon :console2:I think this question would need to be answered by your surgical team as they can advise you better although I would doubt, if you have a low grade fever they would proceed as to keep other patients safe too.

@embroiderysandi
Hopefully you will have some answers today about your sinus infection and your upcoming TKR.
You will notice I have added your surgery date to your signature, please let us know which knee you are having surgery. You have also been added to the December SuperNovas, where you will find a list of other members having a TKR around the same time as you.

Here is a copy of the post op reading to help you prepare for your upcoming TKR on the 8th :fingersx:.

Here is your copy of the Knee Recovery Guidelines, the articles are short and will not take long to read.

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access these pages on the website

The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling
Heel slides and how to do them properly
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in the majority of BoneSmart’s forums, we ask that each member have only One Recovery Thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review the member’s history before providing advice, so please post any updates or questions you have right here in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom