BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

Shoulder replacement Shoulder Replacement Surgery Wild Success Testimony

Discussion in 'Shoulder surgery recovery area' started by Hisgirl, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hisgirl

Hisgirl new member

United States United States
    So many times when folks read up on forums, they are reading the pain and frustration of others who are experiencing the trials they too are experiencing.

I wanted to encourage others about shoulder replacement. My spouse had his shoulder 100% replaced by a well respected Dr. in Atlanta. He followed every bit of exercise recommendation and today, not only does he have full use of his arm and shoulder, he has 100% of his movement he had pre-surgery.

He can shoot a shotgun, climb ladders, reach high, do construction work, anything and everything he did before. He lost ZERO reach, movement or anything else.

I hope this encourages someone who may be concerned. I know he was. He was afraid life would never be the same.

The only thing he regrets is not doing it sooner.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pumpkln

Pumpkln FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    @Hisgirl,
    Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
    Thanks for sharing your husbands story, wonderful to hear how well he is doing.

Please post your husbands surgery date, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Thanks!

3. Jaycey

Jaycey SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Welcome to you and your husband! You will notice I moved your thread to the post op area. We keep all recovery information on this forum so that members can find stories like your husband's very easily.
    I think this is a very common comment shared across BoneSmart. Far too many of us waited in pain too long. Glad you husband is seeing the benefits of this amazing surgery already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    DANA!!! How lovely to see you and on here! I'm so pleased to know how Dirk is doing. What a terrific outcome! I do wish I could tell Nancy but she had COPD and sadly died March 2013.

God bless you both and keep you strong! Look forward to seeing you on HGO sometime.