THR Should I have a revision on my right hip?

Hmmmm... Stanmore is a top facility but your original surgeon has very low numbers for performed hip replacements. And Miles isn't much better.

Are you near Watford General? Mr Neil Davies has very good numbers for THR and does revisions as well. Very easy to talk to - a really nice guy.

If you want to go further afield I can highly recommend David Ward. He is in Surrey at the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre (SWLEOC) and Kingston Hospital. Ward did my RTHR at SWLEOC. He is all business but one of the best.

If you need any tips on getting appointments in areas outside your CCG let me know. Your GP may push back on giving you a referral outside your area. But it is your right as a patient to choose your surgeon and the location for your surgery.

I'm glad Jaycey was able to give you some options for additional opinions. I do think you need to talk with one or two other doctors.

I'm surprised you received such a dire prognosis as hip revision surgery is usually quite successful in restoring function and mobility. I understand what your surgeon was telling you that an implant is never exactly the same as a natural joint. But the goal is to be able to do the things in life that you want to do and it seems to me that could be achievable based on what you've posted. Good luck and let us know how things go.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88