THR Shoe temptation

I had my hip replacement the same day as you and I am using a cane, even walking without it sometimes. I think it is up to you to determine when you feel comfortable with just a cane. Every one is different.

I had my hip replacement the same day as you and I am using a cane, even walking without it sometimes. I think it is up to you to determine when you feel comfortable with just a cane. Every one is different.
Yes you're right. Today I knew the time was right so I gave it a shot and after a slightly cautious and wobbly start (I was crutches for a year pre surgery with total hip failure) I was into a rhythm eventually and didn't push it too hard. Happy with the result.
Well done on hands free that's a good recovery

I'm going to take it slow during recovery.

9 days post OP TLHR and things are going very well and pain free now walking long distance with one crutch

I am wondering what you mean by “now walking long distance“? How often, or far? You’re so early into the healing process at only 16 days post op, I’d hate to see you pushing it then stalling your recovery. At this point a 15-20 minute walk once a day, maybe twice a day, if it’s not causing any pain or negative effect is about all you need to target.

Happy Thursday, I hope you have a nice weekend!
I forgot to mention my surgery got cancelled right at the theatre doors on April 13 th as per my signature due to low white blood cell count after chemo.
My actuall surgery was April 20

You are doing fantastic! - I am 17 days post-op w/mini-posterior approach. My doc told me to leave the wound bandage/sticky tape alone and his Physician Assistant would remove it during my first post-op appointment on 4/28. Regarding transitioning to the cane: Everyone is different and it might be wise for you to call your surgeons office and ask their preference.

:wave:Happy One Month Anniversary!
How is your recovery going? We’d love to hear from you and read about your progress.
Hopefully all is well and you’re feeling stronger each week. Hope to hear from you soon!
@Zmak

Hi just an update.Recovery Could not have been better so far everything on track and still have some physio sessions left. To anybody waiting for a replacement it's well worth it so hang in there it was life changing for me after a long year on crutches.

Great to hear you are doing well... Lots of improvements yet to come.
Hope the rest of your week is Sweet:happydance:

Great update @Zmak, and the best is yet to come! :walking:

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? I hope you’ve enjoyed steady progress since we last heard from you.
Leave an update next time you stop by if time allows. We’d love to hear how you’re doing.
All the best! :SUNsmile:
@Zmak

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks