THR Shiner's recovery thread

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope things are going well for you.
If it's your op knee that's causing you discomfort, it may be due to
some aggressive manipulation during the dislocation process of your hip during surgery.
Try icing it, if it's still bothering you and see if it helps.
Wishing you a great week!
@Shiner

Thank you for your advice. Knee is slowly improving. As for hip each day seems to get better. Limp has nearly disappeared

Two months and lots of healing happening and lots of improvement to come.:yes:
Glad to hear knee is getting better.
Hope today is a Good Day :SUNsmile:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How about a Three Month progress report...We'd love to hear how recovery is coming along for you.
Leave us an update next time you stop by....if you care to share.
Best wishes for a great week!
@Shiner

Its 3 months now and in some ways the time has really gone quick. just got back to playing golf its still a struggle to walk the distance but i am getting there.
still getting knee pain and spoke to physio who said its to do with the operation. i suppose only time will tell.

It's hard to believe but Physio is right, it's from the operation. This is a major surgery and they really do some tricks with your muscles to get all of it done. At 3 months my mind thought by the passing of that much time I was over all of the healing. That's when I did a good overdo and had to really put on the brakes for a few weeks to get back to where I was.

Hi Shiner, :wave:
It's nice to read you've made it back onto the golf course. Good for you! :yes!:
I'll bet it feels good to be able to walk without the pain, even if it's at a slower pace.
At only three months post op there is still a lot of healing going on. It will only get better. :happydance:
I hope your knee pain eases soon. Thanks for updating.
@Shiner

Like Eman85, I've gone through a couple of periods of "all healed/no pain" only to have a bit of pain flare up due to some new position or activity I've done, or a change in the barometric pressure. And then my tissue reminds me that it isn't 100% yet.

I then slow down a bit, ice, take acetaminophen, and pretty quickly I feel great again. The good news is that the further out you get from your surgery, if you tune into your body, the faster you bounce back. My surgeon, and a few people here on the forum have been pretty graphic about what they have to do to actually replace a hip, and while I shudder to think about it, it does explain a lot!:)

Hi I went to the Dr's for a routine blood test and had a A1C glucose test. I was told that i was prediabetic and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this due to the operation (as apparently the test is a 3 month history test on glucose....and the 3 months puts me at operation date). Thank you

I'm far from being a Dr. or anyone with any true medical knowledge, that being said 3 months of inactivity might have something to do with it combined with diet.

Thank you for your reply.. Have read that surgery can elevate it

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Stopping by to say Hi :wave:
I hope you've been doing well over the past couple weeks.
Would love an update next time you stop by...if you have time.
Happy Spring to you! :flwrysmile:
@Shiner

Thank you for the message. I'm doing well. In fact there are times where I forget that I have even had it done.
This is a great forum and has helped me in many ways

Wonderful news! May it only get better and better.
Thanks for the update. Don't be a stranger around here.
We love to hear how you're doing and it's also inspirational for those following behind you.
A great weekend to you!
@Shiner

:loveshwr:
Great to hear you are doing so well!
Tremendous inspiration to all new hippys...knowing that given the proper time, life with a new hip is sweet!:yahoo:

Thank you for your kind words. i now tell other people about this forum as it helped me and i hope it helps others.
Doctors and physios never seem to give you an accurate picture of what to expect.

It's not yet 6 months.. And new hip is good.. Unfortunately I am now seeing that my other hip is getting achey.. Has anyone experienced 2 hips need replacing so soon together?

@hipvan just had number two and @REM had them done one month apart I believe.
Lots of folks on this site have had this issue but many aren't on the forum much now as they are back to life!
@Alitm is another I can think of.
You can check out their threads however.
Click on their avatar and Find All Threads By

Hi @Shiner Happy Sunday!
I've seen many in my less than two years on BoneSmart experience a second THR within months of their first surgery. It kind of all rolls into one recovery. Has your other hip been diagnosed as arthritic? They routinely x-ray both hips for comparison sake. Your right hip could also be achy if you've been favoring your left for any reason since surgery. Your gait also re-adjusts post op.
Have a great day. :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom