THR Sharp stabbing pain years after replacement

soonerborn

Country
United States United States
Hi there. I had my left hip replaced about 4 years ago. I had avascular necrosis in the femoral head. Fast forward to now and I am having a severe sharp stabbing pain in the hip down the leg when I put my weight on that leg.

It is so severe and quick that I want to scream out and cry. And it comes out of nowhere. At first it was only when I put all my weight on the leg. But now it happens if I am bent over and leaning on that side. Or if I squat down for just a second.

They have found a tiny spot of the avascular necrosis on my lower femur. They have done some stem cell treatments on the spot so it won’t grow. But I’m afraid they think this is causing my pain. I’m afraid they are over looking something else.

Anyone have this issue???

Please help!

Hi, soonerborn.....welcome to BoneSmart. I'm so sorry you've been experiencing this severe pain in your hip.

I have a couple of questions for you and I'm also going to tag our Nurse Director, @Josephine, to come talk with you.

Have you been on steroid treatments at some point in your life? And if so, was this indicated as a potential reason for your AVN?

Have you had an xray taken recently of your hip? If so, can you post it here?

Have you talked with your hip surgeon about this problem? If so, what was the diagnosis other than the small spot of AVN?

@soonerborn Welcome to BoneSmart! Can you tell me the exact date of your surgery and which hip? I'll pop the information into your signature for you. Josephine will need this information to advise you.

Can I ask you to show me the site of this pain using these charts?

aa hip-references-horz.jpg

LEGS.jpg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads