TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

@Vida. Thanks for the kind words! Those grand babies give us a run for our money for sure! Being a grandma is one of the greatest gifts of my life!

I hope my recovery story didn’t scare you to death, LOL! I have had to learn that slow and steady wins the race! And that more than once when I’ve been so discouraged and just plain tired of this recovery, that I MUST give myself grace.

It is the fine men and women on this group who keep me from becoming anxious and/or depressed while going through all the many symptoms, pain and stages of this recovery.

Glad you got to spend time with your grandkids, how special! :loveshwr:

I hope you will get to have time to recover now :sleep: and YES, give yourself grace! :praying:

Pretty crazy that I have been sleeping late like a teenager since I had Covid. Glad my husband likes fixing his own breakfast and let’s me sleep!
My son in law has Covid now. My grandson went back to school today. My husband hasn’t gotten it yet! Our friend is still on the vent but has been showing some improvement. Please keep him in your prayers!
We had a nice warm day today for January, it was 43. We usually have sub zero temps in January.
The only exercise that I am doing now is basic housework and my recumbent bike.

I will definitely keep your friend on the vent in my prayers & your son in law. You are recuperating which is why you are sleeping more. Is your daughter all recovered now from Covid?

My daughter still struggles especially at night! And she went back to work and that is so stressful and tiring for her. She and another nurse are school nurses at a high school that has 2700 kids. The Covid contact tracing is consuming all of their time. They are on the phone all day long with parents who have many questions of course. It is impossible for these poor nurses to keep up with this and still have sick kids coming into the clinic. And of course my daughter feels bad and shouldn’t even be working in my opinion.

She will be going to Cleveland Clinic in less than 2 wks for an MRI to check on the Status of her brain cancer. This is highly stressful for her and all of our family! Can you all pray along with me that she can go into this with a calm spirit and have peace about it? Her cancer is incurable but she has kept it from growing back with some alternative therapies since they removed the tumor in 2018. We will appreciate your prayers!

Prayers for you and your family. You’ve had so many challenges to face and I’m inspired by your stamina.

Prayers and well wishes for your daughter, friend and entire family to move past this and be well.

:praying: :prayer: for your daughter and friend.

I have a friend who is a nurse and along with her other colleague they have to cover 3 elementary schools On Whidbey Island. All she does is Covid testing, contact tracing and calling. She is so sick of it! These poor school nurses......

I am very excited to say that I had very little popping:clicking in my knee today. It almost felt like a normal knee except for the stiffness. It felt so great to be walking normally for a few hours! Starting to see that glimmer of light at end of tunnel.
update: my daughter is doing much better and her husband appears to have a mild case of Covid which is good! Thanks for all the prayers!

I’m joining in with my prayers for your family and friends. And you, you’ve been through so much. I’m so happy for you that you got to spend the day babysitting your two young grandchildren..... what a joy! When our daughter was small, my husband one day said, “ she is discovering the world!” We still see that with our 6 year old grandson. And how wonderful & beautiful watching that 9 month old fall asleep.... I often reflect that one of the most beautiful sights is that of a sleeping child.....❤️
Enjoy your sleeping in & indulge yourself! Your body knows you need it, so listen. You have been through Covid on top of everything else. I slept in for a good while during that initial recovery. I’d looked forward to “ sleeping in” til 7 or 7:30 once my PICC line was removed & I was on oral antibiotics, but, joke’s on me.... I’ll still be getting up no later than 6:30 for the next 3-6 months, so I can keep my antibiotic/probiotic schedule, both are 3x a day, but I need at least 1 hour separation. But that’s OK, I’m feeling better , & normally like getting up early. But learning that naps are Good, if I’m tired. This recovery has some really good aspects & opportunities for learning.
....well, it is Saturday evening, & I realize I forgot to hit the “ send” button!. I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing better & that her husband’s Covid is not a bad case. We’re seeing that here, but also some who get pretty sick. Our grandson’s main teacher & his STEM teacher are both out with Covid , and a number of his classmates. We’re just thankful that he’s had the vaccine, & is very good about wearing his mask.
Do take care, & prayers continue that your friend’s husband will keep getting better. And, so glad that You are feeling better.

Still sleeping like a teen in the mornings. I normally am up way before my husband so it is strange but nice.

I made a wonderful meal today and made some yummy homemade buttermilk biscuits to go with my chicken noodle casserole.
Today my knee clicked/popped some but not bad. And I have also noticed that going down the stairs is much better. It used to be downright hard and painful.

Sara, so sorry for the mishap. Hate it when we get set back on our recovery. I am sure in just a few days you will be doing much better!

Our friend on the vent isn’t doing well. It has been a rollercoaster ride for him . One day we hear a good report and the next a bad one. I just know that his wife and daughter aren’t ready to lose him. I am sure they are exhausted and overwhelmed! Please keep up the prayers for Brian!

won’t sleep like a teen tomorrow morning,
Finally getting back to church.

Hoping for good restful sleep for us all!

Our friend with Covid passed late this afternoon. My heart breaks for his wife who I have been friends with for many years. I knew he wasn’t doing well but thought he might pull through. He was such a wonderful person and such a man of God. He adored his wife and daughter. He was very intelligent but also very funny! Please keep his wife and their daughter in your prayers!
On a lighter note, we babysat our grand babies last evening and stayed all night and babysit this morning. I got more than enough activity and my knee is sore this evening! It is the getting up and down from the floor that is so hard and I am still having back pain too from my body being out of alignment for so long. We got lots of laugh therapy in.
My daughter is still struggling with her breathing. I just told her she needs to head back to Dr. It’s been going on too long. She can’t work and take care of others if she is sick herself.
Sorry if this has been a negative post. I am pooped out and already in bed.

@Sks1997 Not a negative post at all, very heartfelt! I am so sorry for your loss!
I hope you sleep well.
Take care!

So sorry for the loss of your friend, @Sks1997. Covid has taken far too many of our friends and family. Sending prayers for all who cared about him to find healing in their memories. Also hoping that your daughter’s health improves too.

So glad you can have time with your grandchildren. They really are the best medicine ever! Take care of yourself … you’re dealing with a lot right now.

Oh! I am so sorry to hear about your friend Brian passing! I know his wife & daughter must be in shock & devastated. I am glad he was a man of faith. That is so sad though.
Yes- make your Daughter go back to the Dr. I’m glad to hear you are improving from Covid- but do keep an eye on that cough. Life can be really something can’t it?

@Sks1997 I'm so sorry to hear of Brian's passing, I will of course include his family in my prayers, it must be so devastatingly hard for them and so worrying for you, regarding your daughter make sure she gets back to see her doctor soon.
Lovely that you have the distraction with your grandchildren, I take my hat off to you, "getting up and down off the floor" I had trouble post surgery with my last leg and jolly well think it will be impossible now with my new leg so "kudos" to you, a great achievement :yes!: Sweet well deserved dreams xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom