Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Share your best moments after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskanTKR

graduate
I am a 43 year old owner of an 9 month old new knee - RTKR (July08) and an attempt avoiding the hip thing (2 hips scopes (rt)12/08 and (L)3/09) -
The best moments are still coming and are just getting better!
1 - the first full rotation on the stationary bike
2 - 125 degrees range of motion without 3 people pushing, pulling and tugging
3 - Full feldged clunking (when the swelling has finally subsided to the point it can clunk)
4 - walking through the grocery store and not getting home and crying because it hurt so bad to bring the groceries in
5 - the first dog walk around the block
and the newest ---
6 - the first double dog walk - both my malamutes on a double lead (120 and 140 pounds) - by myself!!!
7 - picking out a new puppy - because I can now keep up with another one!!!

It really only does get better....It just took me a little longer!!!!! I am so looking forward to my 1 year anniversary so that I can say I truly have myt life back... and on that note... I am going down to walk on my treadmill... without pain meds first!

Best of Luck!
Marianne

Judles

alpha
Country
United States United States
Anticipating the pain that NEVER came! When I woke up and the anesthetic wore off, waiting excitedly the next morning to dangle my feet over the bed, step down, cautiously, and the cheers of my hubby and PT! Racing around the hospital corridor with other replacement patients. picking up my grandbabies without the fear of falling down with them, and finally,,,,,,,,keeping up with my hubby!,,,,,,Being married to a tall, fast walker, I just didn't want to be left in another zip code....great incentive by itself!!! :)

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
My best moment after surgery was on Day 2 in the hospital when I stood for the first time on my new knee and could instantly feel a strong, stable joint there. I hadn't realized how unstable my knee had been for so long! I didn't have a lot of knee pain until the last year before surgery, but I did find myself falling down because it would just suddenly buckle with absolutely NO warning. So feeling that stability was like a miracle. I knew from that moment on that I would be in fine shape no matter how much pain recovery brought.

Mudpro

graduate
Country
I'm a hippy, but I bet you can relate...

This morning:

My wife and I decide to go into work a little late this morning and one thing leads to another after the kiddo goes to school...

Afterwards she says, "I think i'll send your doctor a thank you note." "Why" I ask. She replies, "for fixing you so you can do THAT like when I first met you..."

;-)

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh no!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_doh.jpg
We've got another Doug! Still, there's always room for one more!

I liked the post anyway! An excellent confirmation of the phrase "THR gives you your life back!" And the wifey as well, it seems!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_wink_1.jpg

Rowdy66

graduate
I am like Rick, so much had happened prior to the surgery and I had so many problems, just waking up and realizing I had made it through the surgery was enough to make me happy.

Since then there are just too many to count let alone write down. You just have to have faith that you are going to get there too and you will.

Rowdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member