TKR Severe pain before surgery

NewNewbie

Country
United States United States
Has anyone had knee pain so intense that makes you cry out when it hits?

Hi and Welcome!

Many of us are/were in severe pain before surgery, I’m sorry you have that, too.

If you have a surgery date let us know and we’ll make a signature for you.

Here’s some pre op information for you:

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

I'm sorry your having to suffer with pain. It is indeed miserable. Have you seen a surgeon about this pain? What has been suggested? TKR?

We want to help you along the knee journey.

I'm sorry you're having so much pain. Generally, severe pain is what brings us to the surgeon, and there we find our knees are bone-on-bone, or close to it. Severe pain can make us cry out quite loudly; personally I have been there many times. The good news is a knee replacement, when needed, fixes the pain issue. Yes, you'll still have pain when recovering, but it's a different pain that lessens as time moves forward. Pain from a bad knee will not lessen, but will continue to worsen, or at least stay bad, until the knee is fixed.

Agree! I had bone on bone in both knees from Lymes Disease . The pain was often unbearable which is what finally brought me to the surgeon’s office. Chronic pain can really wear you down!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom