Setback after setback

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry bout the visual. Tahoe i wish you the best and am so glad its looking up. i cant wait until you can start moving on you have really gone thru it and derserve to enjoy the rewards and i'm sure they will be there, you've gone thru so much i know they will be in triplicate.
much love monique

Okay so, I had another PTINR this morning - 2.9 (which is good)! Then I went to my OS. He took out my staples, which rocks!! They were starting to itch. He is really happy a about how well we got through the clots. The swelling is a lot better. Still have to do the Coumadin for 6 to 9 months. My pain level is high today, like an 8. Had a rough night sleeping and that never helps. As for going back to work it's going to be at least two more weeks. That really hurts our family, but what do you do?? That's where I am now. Thanks again for all of your support. I really have needed the encouraging words! Thanks all!!

Thanks for sharing your good news, Tahoe. I have been on Coumadin for years because of a heart problem, so it can be done without too much disruption in your life. The big thing is to be consistent from day to day in what types of foods you eat and pain meds you take. You'll be okay. Hang in there and post whenever you want to chat or report another great milestone met!

Glad to hear of positive news, except for the high pain level. I hope you have it under control now. REST
judy

Scott,,,,,is THAT your avitar,,,,the hip joint? Creepy. :)!

Clots are scary!! Still are!! I'm still pretty scared about all this. I forgot to tell you guys that I got a UTI from the Foley catheter. That's finally feeling better! I just can't wait to get to the point you guys and my OS keep telling my I will get to where I am glad that I did this!! Pain is a bit rough today, but I also had my first PT session today (you guys forgot to warn me about that :( LOL I'm just kidding). Thanks again for all your support!

Tahoe, hon....you'll get to that magic point soon. Just keep at it and one day, it just comes....sort of like Christmas to a child! Glad you're in PT now. Be sure to take your pain meds about an hour before any PT session and ice/elevate immediately when you get home.

I'm pulling for you, Tahoe!!! When you feel less pain, that's when everything starts to come together! You need to keep resting!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022