TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

I am glad @Celle , @hegel I hope you get some relief soon, and @Mom2Lucy I will take that under advisement, so sorry you rolled of your bed, bet your knee made you pay for a little while

I’m glad the oils helped Gecko!

I would love to learn more about them and may start to research. I’m so sick of taking pills for this recovery, although I’ve almost tapered off.

I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you for righty. And lefty.

Thank you @beachy it is 10.40pm Sunday night here and I am trying to fall a sleep , my sister lives in the town were I have my surgery as does my OS so driving 2 hours tomorrow to see OS then stay at my sisters ready for surgery Tuesday , will be so glad when it is Wednesday

That will make surgery day easier.
And it’s 9:45 am Sunday here. Sleep tight!

Hi Gecko!
Just checking in to see how you are.:flwrysmile:
Hope you're not in too much pain.

Hi every one sorry for taking so long, not doing so well this time around sufffered lots more pain nausea, no appetite , have not felt pain like that ever before , things are better today manageing to get to and from bathroom alone, any way will speak more tomorrow need to try and sleep , still in hospital :sleep:

So sorry your having more nausea and pain this time :console2:

:console2:
Sounds like a rough start. Hope it turns around for you real soon.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing pain and nausea. Hoping you’re home soon.

I pray you will find comfort very soom.

I hope you find relief soon. Thinking of you today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyway you cut it you are my hero,getting second knee done two weeks after first. I have my right knee to do next but am postponing that till spring or fall of 2019 depending on howright knee holds up. Wishing you the best going forward with both knees.

Good evening everyone, I feel like I have been on a different planet for at least 3 of the last 4 days we shall do day by day, but first after my nightmare introduction to the CPM machine with first knee I had a conversation with my OS about it and he agreed that I would be in control of it.

Day 1......arrived at hospital 6.30am to have appointment with aneathasist before surgery, and went into theatre at 10.30am (long wait) I remember waking to the sounds of a machine shop twice during the operation and though they denied this happened I have very large black bruise were it was evident another line was being sort after.
I woke in the ward about 4pm in a whole lot of hurt and very sick to my stomach, I had a pain pump that managed to keep me reasonably ok until about 4am

Day 2 ....... its 4am I am physically sick and in pain just push the button they said, the more I pushed the sicker I felt till finally they spoke to my OS and took me of the pain pump , removed my catheter and gave me oral medication its now 30 hours there abouts since surgery I have had no sleep , and no food , but the new physio wants me out of bed it takes 2 nurses and the new physio 3/4 of an hour to get me to the edge of the bed they almost get me standing and I faint, so still in pain still cant move and need to wee "you cant have a pan you need to get out of bed" in floods of tears I finally have enough were withall to advocate for myself and with the help of a student nurse I get a pan , she will make an amazing nurse and I told her so, I was finally painfree by 6pm and asleep, but pain free enough to get to the toilet with help, lots of help

Day 3 ........ I woke at 8 am still could not face breakfast, I feel good I get up with help, and have a shower(ohh that felt good) , they then decide I need a visit from the poo fairy I am over argueing with this lot that I have not eaten since I have been here so I give in, to my own detrement of course as she came and came and came and by the end of the day I was again in agony having joined the ODIC dragging myself back and forth from the bathroom, and being on the CPM machine x 2, another sleepless night after eating a small dinner

Day4 ......... Today hello I am here I am not having anymore #*#*#so up and in the shower alone, it is mandatory to use CPM twice a day I did this and when they needed to increase the bend I gave a NO and see my surgeon, one lovely nurse promised she would increase by small increments which she did and that was fine the physio dicharged me today, told me I was amazing when Not in pain Oh PS who needs the poo fairy

In amongst all of this I have seen my OS daily who said while I was asleep he let my first knee bend to were it could go without me gaurding and he got 120 and straight good news, he also told me the reason this one was so bad was because it was severly stage 4 ostio and he had lots of work to do, the first one was prepped when he did the athroscopy in Febuary, stands to sense when you think about it, well I will leave it there for now so far on track for going home Sunday
And just read back and it makes the whole nursing staff seem bad they were not, but I will say the best of them also turned into knee bend natzi's they had my best intrest at heart I am sure:rotfl:

Last edited:
@gecko , I am so sorry this journey has started out so roughly, things can only improve after that hospital experience.
When I’m reading your post ,it makes me feel anxious and angry, and I want to yell at those nurses and physio! They sound medieval. :censored:
I will be so happy for you when you post that you are out of that hospital and at home in your own bed.:console2:

Thankyou @Softtail that is so nice of you to say but a couple of days ago I thouht I was a nutter:rotfl:
thank you @sistersinhim for your prayers it meant a lot to me:angel:
@Bismitmom1, thank you for your kind words:flwrysmile:

@beachy it has been a trial but hey I came out the otherside almost unscathed (anyone need the poo fairy)
Thank you @Txmomgmom3 for your kind thoughts
@KarriB thank you also you have no idea how nice it was to read all my well wishes
@Jockette thank you too for all your kind thoughts

@Mom2Lucy It was pretty awful but I dont think anyone realised that I was in another world I was incoherent but not pain free , basically because I am allergic to morphine they used fentanyl (I think) but it was making me dopy but not touching the pain, it was tough but it is all good now I am self caring and going home soon, and I am being looked after now they know the CPM machine is out of ther control:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Good Grief Gecko! I'm so happy that you're getting pain relief finally. That severe pain absolutely messes with your brain! And your gut with the different pain meds.
I hope you're comfy now. Can they give you something to make the poo fairy fly away?
Thanks for posting and keeping us updated.
Hang in there, Buddy:flwrysmile:

Glad you’re in this world now! I had three days after TKR that I recall very little of, only the pain and the memory of people sitting around my hospital room. Hopefully you’re headed home and can get comfy in your own nest.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom