September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sapphire 26.jpg
cruise2013, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!

Right knee Makoplasty Sept. 25, 2013
Had a total hip done in 2011 now getting ready for this. Any advice?

I have brought the September list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires
ssapphire-1-jpg.13743
ssapphire-2-jpg.13744
Feel free post in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section and share this journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
2 Sept 13 ditzy dinah (bilateral partials), mrs cricklewood
3 Sept 13 Redbird (her second), Flowerpower11 (her second)
5 Sept 13, Jsankowski (right knee), trueblue56 (left knee), Pjmc, jes (bilateral)
6 Sept 13, catherinem (her second)
9 Sept 13 Lexismom, morningstar (her second)
11 Sept 13 leejaa, chefkp
12 Sept 12 @turtlepoet
17 Sept 13 possum_here, sleefin, @amab (her second)
18 Sept 13 Bionic woman2 (her second) , @lookingforward
19 Sept 13 Jsankowski (left knee), SMenasco
20 Sept 13 Bbsscott
23 Sept 13 rah2435 , Jude2, wilmarcia (bilateral), Jude2
24 Sept 13 yampster (second), Lefty1957
25 Sept 13 Nana Abby
26 Sept 13 @kneefromhell, @ucsbgal1971, mojoflojo (bilateral)

sapphire 26.jpg
cruise2013, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!
Thank you for adding me to 93013 rt.knee replacement and all the well wishes just love reading all the people that post some good laughing and I want be support to all you.Not sleeping at night just 4or maybe 5 hours because of the pain my nerves and just 2weeks on Monday 091613,found out today that my OS uses the Zimmer implant did some reading on this . Thanks nice to have you all. [/quote]

Hi all,had very hard 2days in a lot of pain with the rt.knee did some crying took Tyenol 500mg with codeine that use for my back did not tough the pain and walking is getting harder I can usually push through the pain not this time try some ice and Bengay . See the Op Dr.092013 for my preop and then to the hospital for pre op there. Sorry this is long just so many things to worry about before surgery thanks for letting me vent.Karen

We all need to vent - that is so great about this forum and being able to share with people who really understand. Sometimes the knees hurt more as we get closer to "the day" plus we are running around getting ready and having extra appointments that require more walking. Hang in there, it will pass and soon you will join us in recovery. Keep your chin up - this too will pass. Lee

Having right knee done Sept. 20th 2013. :)

I wil be having my BTKA next Thursday (the 26th). Just found this forum. It looks like it should be a good source of info and moral support during the process!

Hi all had by pre-op with OR DR. He wants me to have a spinal will give me something before because have back issue and just the though of something in my back makes me nervous also he does not use the cp machine will use the cryo ice cuff,it was on to the hospital for blood work nurse came in did a test for MRSA will not find out till Monday if I have it hope not.they also want me to start taking 325milligram iron 3times a day till surgery and drink 64oz of non-caffeine each day.thanks for all your help feel like I'm ready.The 093013will be hear beforehand know it.Karen

Need some HELP not sure if I should go home right from hospital for go to rehab facility for physical therapy some my family think that I will better care and more physical care then someone coming to the house for 7 to 10 days just received this information from the hospital call to tell which do I want to do my surgery is next Monday 093013 Can Josephine please help me thank you so much Karen , this just came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker