THR Seeing the Light!

Hi Lovestars! Just thought I would chime in about the sparkly runners- I am a big fan! I was at a big family celebration this summer, chatting with my 20 year old niece who was marvelling at all the sparkly and bejewelled runners of all the 13 year old attendees - rocking on the dance floor with their fancy frocks and runners- commenting on the smarts of the "younger generation"who, unlike her cohort when they were 13, were wearing ridiculous heels and now suffering from knee issues! Had to laugh! Got home, and picked up my own pair and wore them all summer, very happily, with all my summer dresses!

@lovesstars I had a wedding to attend prior to my hip surgery that required us to fly quite a ways and then drive a few hours to the location. Plus we ended up helping set up things and tear down for bridal shower and wedding. Weather temps changed drastically during our visit adding to distress. Anyway, I had a pair of Skechers sandals, actually very dressy, had a slight wedge that I word for the ceremony and part of reception and then out came my blue keds to match the dress! All the gals loved it! You'll rock it and with that gorgeous dress nobody will notice and it's all the rage now at weddings!

Thank you @Elf1 for the boost!!
The bride's mom told me that there is a chance that the bride will wear sneakers - but my mom (not well enough even to attend) said to me "you are absolutely NOT wearing sneakers to my grandson's wedding!" -- which my aunt told me basically to ignore what she said and rock them.

So I am going ahead with it -- but feeling guilty.

Hi @FayeL ! Yes, it does seem all the rage! Even with two-piece pantsuits these days --even for women who are 57 like me!

So...I will be fashion forward-ish!

Hey there - I LOVE that you're wearing Converse and they will go spendidly with your beautiful dress! I can't imagine all of those flights. I have taken a few to FL to see my mom and man, they are ROUGH on me. Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your hip, did you only have 1 follow-up after your THR? I underwent imaging every single time I went in to see Hipster (then again, maybe it was because they were checking on that GT fracture?)

Anyway, I do hope your new OS is more compassionate and a great listener. It's so very important. I'm having my own troubles with my hips right now. Hubs is urging me to call and go in, I'm digging in my heels (on my sneakers) and saying "I'm fine."

Keep us in the loop about your upcoming appointment!!

hi all. I am reporting on the doc appt from last week.
They told me -- about my 'other' hip -- that the labrum is torn in multiple places (just like how I like to wear my jeans) -- and surprise: there is a bone spur in my hip joint.

For now they would like to just begin by giving me a cortisone shot in the joint (they want to make sure the pain is not coming from my SI joint) as a diagnostic treatment. If it helps, they know for sure it is my hip. (why they would doubt me I don't know).

And then, over time talk about what is involved in repairing labrum...and spur??
Comments welcome.

And also -- the new OS is a LOVELY, LOVELY kind man.

I was counting my blessings!!!!
This was the FIRST follow-up since my six-week follow-up post-surgery.
No one wanted to see me.
(trying not to take that personally).

but this doc said he wants to check on my surgical hip every year.

They told me -- about my 'other' hip -- that the labrum is torn in multiple places (just like how I like to wear my jeans) -- and surprise: there is a bone spur in my hip joint.
Ouch, no wonder you are struggling.
For now they would like to just begin by giving me a cortisone shot in the joint (they want to make sure the pain is not coming from my SI joint) as a diagnostic treatment. If it helps, they know for sure it is my hip. (why they
I don't know why either. :shrug:

My SI joint issues have mostly been resolved...both hips being good and some PT almost 2 years after BTHR to address this.

Hope all goes well for the wedding!!!

They told me -- about my 'other' hip -- that the labrum is torn in multiple places (just like how I like to wear my jeans) --

Not funny, but funny! It's great that you keep your sense of humor.
I'm sorry to hear the news, but at least now you understand the reason for the discomfort. I'm happy you found the new OS and liking him certainly helps. Hopefully the injection brings you speedy and long lasting relief. Please keep us posted and have a good week! :)

Good news, bad news, huh? Glad you liked the new OS! That is so important. That is happy news and I'm sure it's a big relief for you.
I assume the injection is a cortisone injection? I hope it helps them diagnose what is going on.
I forget already, when is thee wedding? Hopefully the injection will ease some of the pain so you can rock that beautiful gown. :yes:

Wedding is in 15 days. Who knows if they will be able to schedule me beforehand? At this point my expectations are low -- I don't want to stress about trying to squeeze in an appointment...but if it happens then I will be very appreciative....

Wedding is in 15 days. Who knows if they will be able to schedule me beforehand? At this point my expectations are low -- I don't want to stress about trying to squeeze in an appointment...but if it happens then I will be very appreciative....

So true. It would be nice if it works out.. I will wish hard for that, for you!

Yikes lady - I can't believe you've been walking around with those tears and bone spur. No wonder you're hurting, yikes!! I chuckled at your description "like my jeans" and a picture of a boot spur came to mind as I was typing!!!

I do hope that you can get that appointment before the wedding so that you can truly enjoy yourself, heck do a polka for the rest of us hippies while you're at it!!

Very happy to know that you like this new surgeon. Makes all the difference in the World when you find an office/doctor that you are really comfortable with.

Happy wedding dancing!:spin:

Good morning @lovesstars, I’m just checking in to see if you’ve heard anything more about the injection?
I hope your week is going smoothly while you are waiting.

Hi there. Sorry it took so long to answer. Been a bit overwhelmed cleaning whole basement, closets, getting ready for wedding. Husband has not one but TWO conferences the week before wedding. Lucky me!

My injection appointment is November 19th. Couldn’t get one earlier but hey, I am back to two 650 mg tablets of tylenol...my old friend.

Friend suggested that I bring my Tramadol to the wedding — and I knew I had a few extra from my surgery but I cannot find them! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh no! Isn't that frustrating, when you know they’re there somewhere?
Well, try to pace yourself! I hate to see you overdo it before the big event.
I know you’ll enjoy yourself at the wedding, in your gorgeous gown and cute shoes.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back