THR Seeing the Light!

Happy Seven Month Anniversary!
Seeing you less and less. Assuming you're jumping back into life, as it's the goal.
I hope you're doing well and still noticing progress.
We're headed for a warm sunny one here today. Sixty degrees!! :happydance::happydance: Happy Dance.
I hope you'll be experiencing the same, or even better. :yes:
Happy Spring!:flwrysmile:
@lovesstars

Thank you so much! I hope that you are well, @Layla . Yesterday, although 45 degrees, much of the snow and ice in front has melted and I wanted to clear the piles of leaves I couldn’t clear last fall. I did a WEE BIT of raking. ONLY A WEE BIT!!! I was so, so sore! MY HIPS WERE SORE FROM A LITTLE BIT OF RAKING!
WHY?
C’mon, who knew that a little raking was a super intense hip exercise?
Not me.

Otherwise, I am dreaming of spring and inspired by THE MELT.

Sending love to all of you!!!!

Hi @SurreyGirl ! Missing all you guys too! I need to log on more, I know.
I am finishing a tedious project and it is filling my brain.
I have dared not rake since last week’s raking disaster. But later this week temperatures will be mild again and I will have to!

I read a story this week about a 71 year old woman who, researchers have just realized, does not have the complete gene to experience pain and anxiety. She had childbirth without pain, hip replacement without pain. She burns herself constantly while cooking and doesn’t even notice...and her husband has to say to her “hey, I smell flesh burning!” She also heals amazingly fast. (I bet she heals fast because she doesn’t have that Cortisol release from experiencing pain which slows down our healing.

So...people are studying her. They have never heard of anyone like her.

she had hip replacement without pain. Ge’ez. I am so happy for her, yet....

Incredible! How interesting to read your post. Can you even imagine?! I certainly can't.
Childbirth and THR without experiencing pain. :yikes:

Glad to read you're doing well. Rest up well before the next raking sesh and enjoy the weekend!
It's a windy one here!
@lovesstars

The BBC interviewed her. She is a very lovely lady and is very happy to be tested in the name of science to improve people’s lots in life. She also stated that she had s happiness gene that kept her very calm. I want some of that!

She's a freak :yikes: In a good way of course.
Happiness gene? You mean she's never experienced sadness?
Next she's going to tell us she's never slept, or needs sleep! :rotfl:
It's so unbelievable! :shrug:

Amazing...but I must say somehow sad.

Making it through painful times...be it physical, mental, or emotional has led to my strength.
I am stronger for having known pain, I am happier for overcoming it, I am humbled by the understanding that there are others not so fortunate.

So last night I got out of the car...and stepped on the ground which is a little bit spongy because Springtime...and lost my footing....and then got it....and lost it again...and got it....and lost it again. I didn’t actually hit the ground because I caught myself. So...left hip (new one)....sore-ish. My right hip...VERY SORE, radiating to anterior right thigh and into inguinal groove and buttocks....and also pretty sure I did some damage to the upper part of my right gastrocnemius, near the back of my knee. I am pretty sure these are soft tissue injuries and I am icing both hips and right upper calf.
At what point to I go to the doctor? After a few days of icing and see how I do?

(And also taking Tylenol. Pain worse towards end of day today than in morning.)

My friend Rachel said to slightly discouraged me, today, “don’t think of this as a relapse, just think of it as a new injury”.

How exciting. That’s better?

Oops...and hate you are hurting. Glad it wasn't worse.
I hyperextended some muscles in a sort of fall..pretty much did a split and regained footing and dropped to my knees. Damp shoes and wet floor in fathers RV. Scared me worse than hurt me.
Icing and Tylenol were my remedies also but it still took a week or so for it to subside.
I wouldn't hesitate to check with doctor if you had any concerns.

Hi @lovesstars
Sorry to read about your tumble and that you're hurting. It must have been scary.
I would treat it as you are, icing any areas that hurt and taking OTC pain relievers.
It wouldn't hurt to check in with your PCP for some reassurance.

Obviously I don't know you're friend Rachael, but am wondering if she thought you'd find it less stressful to view this recent mishap as something new and totally unrelated to your THR recovery. An injury you will recover from quickly, with rest and ice....rather than see you worrying and viewing it as an additional situation to prolong a full THR recovery?

I hope you're feeling better this morning. Wishing you comfort and a great weekend :)

Hi. You know, my hips have ONE JOB. Only one job.
ONE.

That would be...bearing my weight.
But that is not happening so easily.

It is a week after my ‘fall’ — and I am worse. I am back to having pain by 9 in the morning and having to measure how much time I spend on my feet. Now — bilaterally. In buttocks, sometimes in groin and on my non-operative side, wrapping around to my anterior thigh. Yes I called the doctor and I have an appt on April 23...they will do xrays at that point as well. Yes, I asked them to put me on a ‘cancellation’ list in case anything else opens up. In the meantime...it is 7 pm here and I am off my feet. Took 1300 mg Tylenol an hour ago. Yes, ice.

This is very frustrating. YES, I know what the recovery squiggle illustration looks like...but man oh man!

I'm sorry :console2: I wish you weren't hurting.
With any luck there will be a cancellation and you'll get answers sooner.
Wishing you comfort and speedy relief.
@lovesstars

Yesterday i couldn’t stand the pain and inability to move well anymore. I went to Urgent Care (like the ER but not a hospital). They did x-rays. Thank goodness I didn’t do any bone damage. But I did damage to my calf and to the soft tissues surrounding my non-surgical hip. The doctor wrapped my calf in a tight bandage which began to help the pain. She added anti inflammatory medication to my tylenol and is sending me back to the PT who I loved so much after my surgery. She was funny as well so that really helped.
Yay!

Thankfully there is no broken bone. I'm sorry you're struggling with pain in regard to a soft tissue injury.
Hopefully with the wrap, meds and rest you'll be back to your old self soon. I agree that it's always a bonus to deal with someone who's able to put a smile on your face. Aww, poor @lovesstars :console2:
I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend. :) :-) (:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back