THR Seeing the Light!

Oh man, @NanaKP !!! So many errors! When we used to live in the South we already had daffodils blooming every year this week. How do I know it was this week? Well, my birthday is on the 28th...and every year there were daffodils on my birthday in the garden!

For you and other two-hip (@EL11) folks....the pain in the OTHER hip that is worse after the first one settles — is it perhaps that thing that you are finally feeling the other hip after the operative hip has been replaced....it is maybe also that your system is readjusting to walking with the new hip? I don’t know what is happening but I am having a ton more pain in my right hip. THIS IS NUTS.

That happened with me too. I think maybe it is the readjustment. I just checked to see the date of your operation, still not that long ago. I hope the next couple of months will be a key healing time for you!

Seriously though, @EL11 until the weather warms up it will be a bit challenging to discern what is actual/OA and what is ‘rheumatic’ — triggered by cold and damp.

Just put me out of my misery, really.

Jeez @lovesstars ... I'm so sorry. Ugh.

Do you ever use heat patches or a heating pad, or still only ice?

No. But hot baths, yes. It’s fine.
Let’s talk about something else, @EL11 .

I am planning a taco night out on Thursday.
I CANNOT WAIT!

A taco night out for your Birthday?????? Did I read that correctly? You definitely MUST go celebrate and have a Margarita (last Friday was National Margarita Day but I did NOT partake). If it makes you feel any better, we have a relative who lives in Scottsdale, AZ and today it is 44. That is just wrong. Mother Nature needs to take a break and let y'all warm up!

Happy Birthday Early (in case I'm knocked out from banging my head on my desk).:headbang:

rps20190228_040934.jpg

Hope you have a happy day...and a great taco dinner

Happy Birthday! :flwrysmile:
I hope it's a sunny, blue sky, happy, kind of a special day for you!
Eat cake!
@lovesstars

Definitely have your right hip checked out. Three months after I had THR on my left hip, the right started simpering, then shouting, then screaming. An x-ray told the tale. I’m just thankful it held up so well when I needed it most. You’ll be relieved to have the info, however it turns out. Best to you!

Good morning, all. I just wanted to share something. I read a research piece, sponsored by the NIH (National Institute of Health) which was about Vitamin D3 levels, correlating with rate of recovery after joint replacement. They found, in their research, that there was a correlation between low serum D3 and slower recovery rate. Oh yeah, and I had a physical with my primary care physician this week...she did bloodwork. Everything was normal. My D3 levels were quite insufficient.

In the research article, they suggested that people have their D3 levels checked more than a month before joint replacement, reinforce/supplement the D3 if needed, BEFORE surgery to ensure/support more successful outcomes.

Just wanted to share. Thinking of all of you with affection!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Hi @lovesstars
I hope you're having a nice Saturday. We're expecting to get walloped here with a snow storm
to begin within the next few hours.

Thanks for sharing that info here. I supplement year round to stay within normal levels. Living in the Upper Mid-west it's difficult to maintain at normal levels with our dark dreary Winters.
You're a Northeren also, so not surprising. I choose to have mine tested annually.
Now that you're aware you can be pro-active and that's a good thing! :SUNsmile: :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Thanks @lovesstars
Safe and sound. Warmer temps now and next week and with any luck the snow will melt it all.

To answer your question, no, I've never heard that and find it very interesting.
I hope you're making progress, staying warm and enjoying the week so far.
Have a good one!:SUNsmile:

Good morning, all. I just wanted to share something. I read a research piece, sponsored by the NIH (National Institute of Health) which was about Vitamin D3 levels, correlating with rate of recovery after joint replacement. They found, in their research, that there was a correlation between low serum D3 and slower recovery rate. Oh yeah, and I had a physical with my primary care physician this week...she did bloodwork. Everything was normal. My D3 levels were quite insufficient.

In the research article, they suggested that people have their D3 levels checked more than a month before joint replacement, reinforce/supplement the D3 if needed, BEFORE surgery to ensure/support more successful outcomes.

Just wanted to share. Thinking of all of you with affection!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
I supplement with D3, 5000 is the dose but sometimes I forget so halve that :). I read a “meta-analysis” about it from the Scripps Clinic in San Diego some years ago.

I take D3 every day and have for about 2 years. I'm going tomorrow for blood work for my annual physical, so I'll be interested to see what the count is. I'll definitely feast on spinach and some red meat tonight just to boost the iron count a bit. Hope you're feeling well!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back