THR Seeing the Light!

Nana... Removal of your cerclage...is lot. I have the cerclage system too. it occasionally bugs me ... what I think is my surgeon borrowed the cable system from my grape vines. I hope that you do heal soon. Don’t be afraid to ask the airline for help you can set it up ahead of time to meet you at the gate. Just think you get to ride on their carts thru the huge airport especially Florida’s it a whole other town to get thru. It’s always best to save some energy your body needs a break for healing and fun too.

Lovestars.. just had tortilla soup yummmm. Really honest :yahoo:...in the northwest we have been stuck in fogg and 100% humidity 35’. I hope your “tissue issue’’ is sorted out soon.ur a poet and don’t know it..:) :-) (: It takes time, patience and sometimes more than we want it to take for healing. Keep up with core muscles and bum squeezes the rest will follow.:flwrysmile:

@lovesstars how awesome about tying your shoes!!! Boy am I just a tad jealous about that!! Seriously, that is such a great normal thing to be able to do!

Feeling for everyone that is having to endure the insane cold temps. I guess the Pacific is still warm enough that it is keeping the polar vortex east of us. Stay warm!

@NanaKP yep. I ordered wheelchairs and they were SUPER HELPFUL. SO SO HELPFUL (in 90% of cases). I am going to my mom’s late next week and I will be attempting to walk everywhere without help — but I definitely recommend that you do this!

@Alitm seriously though...these cold temps are not new. They only recently, in the past few years, starting calling them “Polar Vortex” — but a wind chill of 60 degrees below zero? We had it in the mid-70’s in Chicago. We survived. Although truthfully. I didn’t feel THAT cold in my bones, then....

Good Morning!
You picked the wrong week to go visit mom. Cali if I recall :SUNsmile: You should have gone this week, lol.
Not sure about your locale but schools closed here for three days due to the cold temps, possibly even four, they haven't made the call for Thursday yet. Warning us you can get frostbite to exposed flesh within five minutes. Stay Warm! @lovesstars

It’s the same here, @Layla Supposed to be ACTUAL TEMPS of 25 below zero tonight and 31 below zero tomorrow night.
Schools closed yesterday, today, tomorrow FOR SURE.
We booked that ticket to Mom MONTHS ago — to go do her taxes, etc.

Off to grocery now before it gets too crowded. :yikes:

I have to do that too, groceries.
At 10 below I may wait until it gets to the predicted high for the day of -7 :rotfl:
Stay safe and warm :)
@lovesstars

@lovesstars Although I grew up in the semi-tropics, I spent five years in the Boston area and got caught on the highway in the blizzard of '78. I also rode and trained at a barn north of Boston. The indoor arena was not heated, and seemed much colder than outside...but one learns how to deal with it AND I was MUCH younger, and so it appeared that extreme cold didn't seem to bother me as much at the time! Now it is a different story LOL!!! However, we are so much wiser now right....so perhaps know how to avoid exposure at all possible costs? :heehee:

I love all the terminology the weather folks drum up to dramatize the weather!:oyvey:

Hi! Reporting in from warmer place than Wisconsin.
amazingly, the multiple doses per day of Tylenol are not needed when it is 45-50 degrees.
Shockingly wonderful, actually.
I walked on the beach two miles yesterday and two miles today — without cane.
Here one more day and then back to snow and ice — and I suppose more Tylenol.
But in the meantime, I have noticed that I was stronger (my suitcase, although little and light, was not heavy at all to me — though it was two months ago so very heavy) and have more stamina. HURRAY!
Walked all airports (which I think already said). Unbelievable.

I found the warm weather helped too Lovestars. Hmmmm - time to move perhaps? Glad your holiday is going well:)

How great that you could ditch the Tylenol for a few days and freely stroll the beach taking in fresh air and sunshine. We do tend to hibernate in these parts for a decent chunk of the year. I grow weary of it also but my kids and grandkids are here. If not for them, we'd probably move to a warmer, sunnier climate.
The end is in sight for this year, lovesstars. At least we're on the downside with this crappy weather.
You're doing so well, making progress, noticing change. It's wonderful and I'm really happy for you.
Safe travels back to the frozen tundra.
@lovesstars

@Josephine...can you please post your little anatomical chart? I have some anterior inguinal discomfort I want to ask you about....

Do you mean this one?

aa hip-references-horz.jpg

I am looking specifically at the intersection of V and L3F — I had a posterior done 5-½ months ago...walked more than usual the last two days...no other strange activity. Today persistent discomfort in that location while sitting...

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
loo_who_too