THR Second THR June 3 date

Chrismcd

Country
Canada Canada
Hi there
last time, you all helped me so much through post surgery. Now that I have a date for my other hip, naturally I turn to Bonesmart to help me get ready and ensure positive outcome second time around. Is this where I should post for the new hip?

Hi @Chrismcd
Hope all is well with you!:wave:Hope lefty is doing well.
When will you be getting right hip replaced and we will add you to the team thread?
Love to be here to cheer you on

Welcome back. Soon you will be a double hippy and getting rid of pain. You are so right that this is the place to help with getting ready for surgery and recovery. This has been the place for me multiple times with good outcomes all around.

Hi there,
My new right hip is scheduled for Wednesday June 3rd. Thank you for setting me up with a thread. For some reason, there seems more anxiety in going forward this time than last time. Every little possible infection is suddenly super serious . I am getting my dentist's "okay" today. After the okay, I guess there is nothing left I can worry about. oh well, yes, I really want to be a normal person and go for a walk, so there is nothing to do but to get this done. Thanks and here we go!

Just a quick question....is it normal for scar tissue (my left hip) to be tender even after 6 months post surgery?

Yes, it can still be tender. Remember that complete recovery takes a full year and healing is still going on beneath the surface.

I am suddenly experiencing some sharp pains in the new left hip while at rest. A jumping jolt. Should I be concerned about this as I prep for my right hip surgery on wednesday? We have been watching the news and commentaries about the feeling loss of security for everyone during Covid times (macro and micro) - I suppose that the uncertainty of upcoming surgery is compounded by that security challenge (micro). Maybe I am just super aware of twinges because I am experiencing a bit of fear. But I have not had these sharp pains before and, God, I hope it is alright.

Maybe I am just super aware of twinges because I am experiencing a bit of fear.
I was more afraid pre-op the second hip than the first. You know what lies ahead and the "what ifs" keep coming to mind. That coupled with all this pandemic - I can well understand your anxiety.

Don't forget these surgeons and their teams do this op day in, day out - several times per day. Rest these last few days before surgery. Your "good" hip is probably complaining that it is taking the full load now.

Have you iced the hip?

I took the new hip for granted as it was "perfect", so no I haven't iced. But I will do so now. I have been working on the scar tissue with a roller, which seems to have broken down the tough tissue, maybe it is just the soft tissue becoming "alive". I always like to know exactly what is happening, so it is hard to not know. Absolutely the new hip is taking all the load, so that too.

Thank you so much for your response, the mental prep for this surgery does feel different than first one. Your experience is the same as mine before first hip, I was mostly relieved to be getting the hip out...you are right that now I know what to expect. The worry about infection and doing too much, or too little..and the first few days which I recall as being very difficult. It all worked out, so I just have to breathe.

Wanted to leave wishes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery with great pain control. See you on the sunny side (recovery) when you are up to posting.

Hello @Chrismcd
Thinking of you on your big day and looking forward to your first post on the healing side once you’re resting comfortably.
Wishing you comfort as you begin the journey.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom