THR 18 months and still in pain

Hey @Belladonna
Wondering how you're doing...
Very sorry to hear about the business. I'm sure it's been a drain financially as well as emotionally. My heart goes out to you. I hope your days are beginning to look brighter.

Since it will be one month tomorrow from your latest THR, I'm wondering how this recovery is going?
Hope you're having a peaceful week. Update us when you feel up to it, would love to hear how it's going.
A great day to you :) :-) (:

My total hip replacement surgery left hip is recovering way better than I could ever expect. My fear is the right hip has been really acting up. My surgery on the right hip was October 2016. I get these horrible stabbing pains. I go for week post op on Monday. I am hoping it is not a failed surgery and have to have revision surgery. I don’t think I should be experiencing this kind of pain this far into the recovery.

I am not sure how to edit the above post but I am going for a 6 week on Monday. If asked pain in new surgery it’s never over a 2 however other surgery which was over a year ago can go as high as a 10. When that stabbing occurs.

Hi @Belladonna
There is an Edit tab to the left of the Delete tab, right below your typed post.
Tap that and it will bring up your post allowing you to edit.

Great news your latest THR is progressing as it should. I'm sorry to hear you're suffering pain in your
right hip. Hopefully your OS will have an answer for you at your six week appointment on Monday.
Wishing you pain relief! Keep us posted.

Prayers all is well with Hip one.
:praying:

I went to the OS yesterday. Everything was great with my latest surgery. He said the other surgeon pulled my IT band too tight which they do sometimes to prevent dislocation. So I have 6 more weeks of PT on the first hip and they are going to try dry needling. Sometimes it feels like some is stabbing me in the side of my leg. I can’t even lie on that side it’s so painful. My life is suppose to be better! My life is horrible

Hi @Belladonna
There is an Edit tab to the left of the Delete tab, right below your typed post.
Tap that and it will bring up your post allowing you to edit.
I don’t see the edit button

See mine at the bottom of screenshot...only have edit at bottom of your post.

ss.JPG

So sorry you are hurting.
I can imagine you are super frustrated. Don't have knowledge of what dry needling accomplishes.
Praying you get some relief.

I’m so sorry that you’re having such a difficult time. I hope the PT and whatever dry needling is will quickly give you some relief :flwrysmile:

I'm so sorry @Belladonna
Prayers that you soon find relief.
Keep us posted, we'll be here for you.
Hugs

Thank you. It feels like we are family. I did the deep tissue massage last week. It brought a new meaning to pain. Dry needling is this week. It is is similar to acupuncture. It stimulates muscle movement. I have had soooo many procedures I’m starting to feel like a pin cushion. My faith in God keeps me going!

A great faith to have @Belladonna
I wish you luck with the dry needling this week. Let us know how it goes.
Hopefully you find relief soon.

Hope today is a better day.
Know that we are all sending so badly for something to give you some relief.
:console2:

I decided to take the week off. No going to the gym no PT no appointments of any kind!!!!
It almost been 2 years and I don’t want to see one more doctor or PT. I wanna run and hike and swim without pain!

@Belladonna... reminds me of that song. Who sings it? I think it was from the 60-70’s . It a pretty name and matchs the pretty photo.:flwrysmile:

I am so relieved that your 2nd hip went sooo much better than the first. :beer:

Many healing blessings sent your way!:SUNsmile:

I hope the week off from everything gives your some relief from the pain :flwrysmile:

Let us know how that sabbatical works out for you.
I want you to do all those things that make you happy.
Two months only.
Very early days...please stay patient and keep that ice on there.
Hope today is a better day.:ice:

Hopefully it helps, @Belladonna

Not sure if you noticed the "Big Tip" in the info Jaycey left you but here goes~
"Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own,
given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy, which is walking and even then not to excess."

Wishing you continued healing and a peaceful week! Please keep us posted....

I am sorry I know she knows a lot about hip recovery but I feel so much better doing stretches in the pool, walking on a treadmill, using a recumbent bike. The days I lie around I am very sore. I believe you have to walk and build up muscle tone. My first surgeon did not believe in PT for six weeks post op and when I did finally go I was so sore and my range of motion was very limited. Hips may heal on their own but if you don’t stretch or strengthen you will lose muscle tone.

I can’t begin to tell you the enormous list of doctors, PT’s, OT’s and Chiropractors I have been to since October 2016.

Hi @Belladonna,
If you feel sore when you don't workout then I certainly wouldn't take a week off.
You have to do what works for you. If stretches in the pool, the recumbent bike and treadmill are all working for you, then I'm wondering why you're sore?

Are you only sore in the area of the IT band you mentioned the surgeon pulled too tight?
Consider tagging Jo and see if she can offer you any advice on that.

I hope the dry needling brings you some relief.
A great weekend to you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks