TKR Seatides Right TKA August 1, 2022

Seatides

Country
United States United States
Hello BoneSmarties! I can't believe how time flies. I had my first (left) total knee replacement on November 13, 2019 and am now scheduled for right TKA on August 1. Bonesmart was such a wonderfully informative and supportive resource the first time around, when I had no idea what to expect, and you helped me so much then. I'm "glad" to be back because I appreciate the knowledge and experience of the people who run this group, and I suspect that my second knee experience won't be identical to the first one. So thank you in advance for being here for me and for all of us.

@Seatides Welcome back and best wishes for your upcoming g surgery!

I‘ve copied your post above out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussion to take place in a pre op or recovery thread, such as this one. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread. :flwrysmile:

Welcome back, @Seatides! :wave:

I'm sure you are well prepared, having been through the surgery before. We'll be eager to hear about your journey in the coming months.

I agree, Bone Smart was a great resource when I had my first RTKR almost 9 years ago.

Here I am only a few weeks out from my next.
Rejoined this week.

So many changes in the last 9 years, so I am refreshing how every one is preparing for their journey. My first was not easy and I realise no two surgeries will have the same out come. I am going in with the previous experience as my only guide.

What date is your surgery?

Doing well..... 12 year old one, no problems. 11 month old one I have the occasional ache within the joint when moving around while sleeping and I still can't bend it as far as the right but I'm getting close. Otherwise, no problems at all. It's still a marvel to be able to walk and stand with no pain. :egypdance:

That's what I'm looking forward to, @SuzieQ! I can hardly remember how it feels to enjoy going for a walk. I'm in the hospital right now -- had my right TKR yesterday. I'll post about it separately.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back