THR Scheduled for July 26th THR

TankGirl

Country
United States United States
Hi! Happy to find this forum! I've been having a lot of anxiety and trying to manage it with meditation and mindfulness exercises. Anyone else have any ideas to combat or embrace the anxiety? Right hip by the way. Diagnosed with hip dysplasia and severe osteoarthritis. I waited too long (years) to pay attention to the pain and do something about it. I'm 56 by the way.

subie2021

senior
Country
Hi! Welcome! Congrats on having a surgery date. You're on your way to losing all that pain.

I'm a lifelong worrywart and way more proactive than reactive, so I think I have an idea where you're coming from. What I've learned over the years is that it only pays to stress and worry about things that I can control...if I'm worried that a storm might bring down a big tree branch onto my car, I move the car. Things that I can't control, I give over to someone who can...I can't control the 747 I'm riding in to Atlanta, so I give it up and trust the pilot and crew. I can't control what goes on during my hip replacement, so I give it up and trust the surgeon. Why go nuts about control when I'm powerless anyway, and there are experts in charge?

It helped me to stay busy in the months before surgery. I moved up all the seasonal house and yard chores. I got my little post op nest comfortably feathered, and stocked the freezer and pantry for easy to prepare meals.

When you get anxious or worried, stop by here for plenty of sympathy and lots of great advice. This place is simply a marvel!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Layla

Staff member since November 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Hello and Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us. I think you’ll love the support you find here as you await your date and move through recovery. Sadly, it doesn’t seem there are any “right words” to help with the pre-op anxiety that the great majority of us feel. It’s normal, but that’s cold comfort, I understand. I can almost assure you that once you’re in recovery a great weight is lifted and at some point the thought will cross your mind that you wish you’d done this sooner.

You‘re as young as you’ll ever be, with lots of life ahead of you. Most likely your health is also good which is a benefit and joint replacement surgery is one of the most prevalent surgeries performed worldwide. The outcomes of these surgeries have become excellent based on a number of techniques changing over the years. The implants are durable and long lasting, with longevity much greater than before offering an increase in the likelihood you’ll never have to experience this procedure again.

Relief is on the way along with a brighter future through through getting back to all you love and enjoy in life. Hang in there, you’re going to love the results this surgery brings.

Following are a few articles that may be of interest to you.
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Stop back often, we’ll be here. :wave:
@TankGirl

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
avariciou5