Hi all. I'm new to this forum (and new to being part of an online community.) I'm scheduled for TKR , March 7, but I'm having second thoughts and wonder if I am rushing into this too soon. Family and friends wonder why I'm doing this: "You don't look like you have any problems walking." (Husband gets it, grimmaces at the sound of my knees grinding every time stand up.) My knees are both quite painful when getting up out of chairs, climbing/descending stairs and on downhill walks BUT I am by no means debilitated. Don't use cane or walker. Trickiest is walking with heavy things (e.g. baby granddaughter, groceries), but ordinarily I can walk a (level) mile with only mild discomfort. OS says both knees are bone-on-bone and are 'long past eligible.' Injections haven't helped and I can't take NSAIDs any longer. Dr. is with health plan that discourages 'unnecessary' surgeries, so I know there's no financial incentive on his part. I'm concerned about taking such drastic a measure too soon. I'll be celebrating both my 70th birthday and 50th wedding anniversary in the Fall and want to be in good enough shape to travel, hike, do yoga. Should I wait til next year?