THR SCee's 2nd THR Recovery

SCee

Country
United States United States
Second time was the charm- aching but not bad. By not waiting so long it has made all the difference!
Thank you Layla and Cricket for the kind words!

Has anyone experienced pain in the knee of leg with hip replacement a week or so after surgery? I am wondering if the pain is the result contracting thigh muscles (as suggested by home pt). I can barely walk on that leg. I am trying to rest and stay off it, but it’s been several days without relief.

Has anyone experienced pain in the knee of leg with hip replacement a week or so after surgery?
Knee pain post THR is probably one of the most frequent complaints. They grab your knee pretty aggressively during the procedure. For some this can mean bruising and soft tissue irritation. Ice that knee as well as the hip. This will ease with a bit of time and rest.

Thank you, Jacey - you were correct. Also, my pt taught me a trick of placing my toes of my operated leg an inch or two more forward than the other when standing or doing exercises - it takes the pressure off the knee. Just a hint for anyone else facing the problem.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well and your knee is feeling better. Let us know how you’re progressing when you have the time.
Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week and holiday weekend!
@SCee

Thank you, Layla! I am improving but sometimes it feels like two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes I forget my cane around the house and don’t seem to limp or struggle, but a day or two later, I need my cane for every move. More than anything, I am looking forward to driving again and getting out on my own! Getting antsy! :tantrum2:

:hi:
One month out @SCee :flwrysmile:
Noticed we had you still hanging out in the pre-op forum, so we slid you over here to the Healing Side:ok:
Let us know if you prefer a different thread title, and we can change it for you.

Cabin fever was really getting to me at the one month mark.
But you sound like all is going well, so keep that patience muscle toned up.

All temporary, double hippy friend!

:hi:
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely Summer! Please stay in touch.
@SCee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks