scared to death of HRS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear of the unknown is always worst - and there's that evil little voice always telling you that it's going to be a lot worse than you can imagine. He's a liar!!!

Creblue - I am 27, had my first THR 7 weeks ago and have my right one scheduled for next week. My last one was my first ever surgery, and I survived and strived! Put it this way, it's kind of like having a baby. It sucks yes, but in the end, you get a great resulting product, so much so, that you'd do it again even! :)

From a wimp's point of view(because let me tell you, I am one!), it really wasn't that bad. The doctors/nurses/therapists that I'm sure you'll be working with are all VERY good at what they do and technology now-a-days is fantastic, and advanced. Take it from all of the "hippies" on this site, it's WELL worth it! :) Good luck!

Fear of the unknown is always worst - and there's that evil little voice always telling you that it's going to be a lot worse than you can imagine. He's a liar!!!

That is soooo true! The voices are like evil gremlins! At least when my other hip goes (doc says it has 1 to 10 years), I will know what to expect so it won't be so bad. The only thing I will do differently is not worry so much, and ask the anesthesiologist to sedate me before the epidural catheter-----that hurt going in, so they sedated me to get it the rest of the way in. but after that, the surgery was nothing at all......there is no memory either.

The only memories are after the surgery. The feeling of no killer joint pain finally, the appreciation of how the hospital staff was so caring and helpful, and I was surprised that the food was good in the hospital.

Hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member