THR scared to death did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bow:Thank you lord i have fianally been to the loo the rank tasting sashets worked a treat and i feel human again 10 days is far to long that part is worse than the actual op. And i managed a few hours longer down stairs im now back in bed relaxing with the tv and resting my leg boy oh boy would not wish that kind of constapation on my worst enemy but thankfully its over with now x x:loveshwr:

Yaaaaaaay was gonna give you a big fright. Life size pic wld hv worked. Nice one if errr pooh can be

@Legin you do make me laugh:rotfl: and nice one was not the word but thank god its sorted day been much better and i also feel better it was starting to make me feel unwell but back to my cheeky self again :flwrysmile:

Glad you've "gone" @pink24 We all make light of constipation but it can be a really serious health issue; my son had a major accident in 2013 (he crushed his foot, eventually lost his great toe and it's neighbour to necrosis) and he ended up back at hospital because of constipation!! I never realized how unwell you can become, it was timely as when I had my surgery it was the one thing I was ONTO!! Matt had been on the same meds, and was completely immobile (leg elevated above heart 23 hours a day) though as it was for 11 weeks it was so much longer than "our" immobilty! - so I felt the ingredients were there and "took action" from Day 0; it's now my "thing" when asked for advice in the early days post op :rotfl:

You will feel so much better now, it's like empty bowel = clear head :loll: just the general unwellness goes, so "all good" :)

Hope the rest of your recovery goes well

Donna:flwrysmile:

@craftdee sorry to hear that about your son, but yes i agree i was aware from early days and had all the natural stuff the doctor said it was all caused by the strong meds plus the obvious lack of mobility, feeeling much better now though. Just looking forward to being able to do more things and become less dependant once restrictions are lifted and leg gets stronger x x x

Good to see you back its a slow task.and.often feels like nothing is happening but you then realise hang on couldn't bend leg like that a week ago. Keep smiling

Legin THR Sep 14

Glad you're feeling better @pink24 My son is okay now, unlike my hip - which was totally free - he can't get prosthetic toes... well he can, for about $10,000 :shocked: because he's self employed! Our public health system won't pay (fair enough, it's TOES!) his Private Health cover won't pay - no explanation, his Income Protection insurance won't pay as it's not affecting his ability to earn a living. If he'd been employed by someone else he WOULD have got them on Workers Compensation, sigh, the more you do for yourself...... In the end it could have been worse, his whole foot was mashed so he's glad to have kept what he kept - but he is infinitely sad that he can't wear thongs (flip flops,) he feels very unAustralian :rotfl:

You'll improve pretty quickly now, the restrictions (my OS ALWAYS called them "precautions", I suppose that is a more positive and accurate description) are a nuisance, but you'll find yourself both adjusting to them and working out ways to do things around them very soon... you really will be quite independent well before they're lifted. It was one of my (many :snork:) dreads pre op, that I'd be ultra dependent... but I was both pleased and surprised how much I COULD do - positive attitude is a plus with this (as with most aspects of recovery I suppose) I stopped thinking about what my "precautions" were stopping me from doing and worked out what I could do.. and did that. Same with the strength in the leg. The energy drain was the biggest thing, it kept me in check for a few weeks, so every victory felt like a big victory - quite satisfying actually :hugzz:

:flwrysmile:

Pink24 did you have posterior or anterior approach?

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hope today is good v stormy up here.

Legin THR Sep 14

I think i had posterier as i am almost sat on my dressing but not entirely 100%sure. I am feeling more human and i am trying to do one new thing each day getting frustrated cause cant even go out for a little walk due to the bad weather we have had snow and ice. But on the positive these god dam awful pressure stockings are helping to keep my legs warm:rotfl:.
glad you have found a good surgen @bella531 stay with us we will support you these guys on here are awsome support. @craftdee your spot on with the outlook advise even though is a big shock to my system as i am very independant. Hope you have not been blown away with the storm or snowed in @Legin anyway its the 2 week post op mark tomorrow :wow:

District nurse took dressing off today and its healed well no clips or stiches to take out as had disolving stiches hats off to my os what a neat job hes done x x hope all you hippies are well x x

Hate this sleeping on my back only getting 3hour slots of sleep it takes ages to get back to sleep after i wake up any advise please x x

Try counting braincells I do but never get past 1,1,1,

Legin THR Sep 14

Hello @pink24
I am at similar stage to you, nearly 3 weeks post op. How come we are not completely better LOL?

Night before last I turned over, sort of, in my sleep. My hips legs were turned but my head shoulders were not. I woke up with horrible neckache/muscle ache. Last night while asleep I turned fully on to my non operated side with pillow between my legs. Operated leg was on top and did not "flop over". All I know is that I slept for 5 hours, the longest yet since op. I do not know if this is all right or not. At the moment the sleep is the hardest thing for me. Like everything I am sure it will pass but in the middle of it it is a nightmare.

By the way @Legin I might have a million brain cells but they are all overactive in the middle of the night all firing away, giving me grief. What ever next?

Ah yes know it well. I call it my Homer Simpson moment, wake think dont think dont think doh.

Legin THR Sep 14

I've got to say... I feel your pain! The sleeping on your back thing is THE PITS, it does get a bit easier (quite a bit really) as your general discomfort eases and relaxing at night becomes more "do-able". It was the bain of my life for a while there, the one thing I was "counting down" for :bawl: I wasn't even "allowed" to elevate my leg at night... some nights I just DID elevate and it was easier, I did two nights where I just HAD to sleep on my non operated side with the pillow between my legs for sanity's sake - it was heaven (especially the second time as I then knew that the operated leg wasn't going to fall over to the bed crossing the midline) I did reserve this "treat" for when I felt I absolutely couldn't cope with not-sleeping on my back.

I decided to make it "my cross", to sleep on my back - and believe it or not - once I stopped fighting it - made that conscious effort to relax into it instead of all that negative self talk "I'm never going to get to sleep", "this is a nightmare"... you know, all that stuff YOU said last night :heehee: it GOT EASIER... honestly! I could hardly believe it myself:shrug: I found the meds enough to get me to sleep in the first place, but the getting BACK to sleep after the middle of the night pitstop was harder... it's when deep breathing and relaxing music really got a workout. Even on the nights I didn't get a lot of sleep, the time was better spent relaxing than fighting it - rest is rest.

To be fair, a lot of people on Bonesmart have "sleep issues" post op regardless of whether they have to sleep on their backs or not!... I have "sleep issues" at the best of times, mine ironically were no worse after the op than they have been for years - apart from the being on the back thing :dubious:

Hope it gets better, if it really is causing you great distress, discuss it with your OS and see if you can spend some time on your side... point out that quality sleep is an essential ingredient of recovery too, maybe he can advise you of the "safest" way to side sleep

Thanks @craftdee I think tonight I will take my headphones and relaxation recordings to bed with me . What you say obviously makes sense. Why did I not work this out for myself - common sense is not in abundance at the moment due to tiredness!!

Biggest prob I had with sleeping on back was quads and leg not going flat. So I put a pillow under it as I did for the oweeeeee heel pain. It does get better pinkers but for now welcome those snoozes like a fluffy kitten. Oooops hope your not allergic

Legin THR Sep 14

Hi all still cat napping sticking with back best i can i do get a weird restless leg twitch feeling seems to only happen at night and when it happens it drives me crazy for an hour or two. My knee is swollen and ham string tender as hell. Bit more active but cause im tired through lack of sleep just feeling tad fed up. 1 more week of injections left 3weeks of these bad boy stockings and after that might try side sleep but my scar well it just amazing can hardly see it already what a good job my os did. Im sure i had posterier approach from where the cut is. But no pain at all only taking 2 paracetamol twice a day for past week now x x x

Twitches are nerves healing mine was like a can can dancer on speed. Well done lass

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie