• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[REVISION THR] Same pain, second surgery

OP
OP

36andTired

Country
United States United States
I am so sorry I have not been on here, on September 9th I woke up and couldn’t move my left leg, I tried to force myself on with my day. I ended up taking myself to the hospital, my surgical site (which was closed) was very swollen and red. I ended up having Sepsis and a Staph infection. I was transferred to a major hospital about an hour away from where I was. On the 10th I had a revision but they only changed the liner of the cup and the ball at the end of the femoral stem. Unfortunately a hematoma formed and I had to have an additional surgery. I am still in ICU, my thigh is still hurting really bad, and the groin pain is almost unbearable. I know you guys like us to post all medications but I am not sure right now, several IV antibiotics is all I know. I will come back to post more details.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Oh my stars....so stressful for you and I hate to see you having to struggle through this.
I'm guessing they have an arsenal to attack this with and get things back on track.
Sincerest best wishes and healing vibes for you.:console2:

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Oh my goodness, what an unpleasant journey you are on. Thankfully an infection was found and identified that is being treated but unfortunately you have had to go through two further surgeries.

I am sure this is all very distressing for you but please keep the faith and hang in there. I am sure you are in good hands and remember you have mental support here on BoneSmart.

Hang .. Better.jpeg Izabel

Last edited:

Top Bottom