Ruptured Bakers Cyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joylaine

Country
Canada Canada
I have a bakers cyst back of my right knee.. I could feel it.. But I am sure I have one on my left knee also.. I felt a ball back there as I did my right knee.. Now I am scheduled for TKR on my right knee in May.. My left knee next winter.. So I woke up this morning and I can hardly move my left knee which is the one that was to support the right knee after surgery.. I can hardly walk and it is very painful.. I felt around the back and cannot find the bulge now.. I think I ruptured it during the night.. I could be wrong but never have had this pain in my knees... It looks pretty swollen.. Has anyone had a ruptured Baker Cyst?? Not sure what to do.. Any thoughts? Thanks so much..

I had a ruptured cyst---the pain was intense for a day or so (I think from the extra liquid which dripped down my leg). I think you should see your OS---just to make sure that is what it is.

Thanks SkiGirl for the information.. This pain is excruciating .. I can hardly walk . I am not sure how I am going to be able to sleep tonight. If it is still this bad in the morning, I will go to emergency.. Medication did nothing..Again thank you for your reply.. I needed to know how painful it was to determine if that was the cause..

Ice it, elevate and do nothing! Horrid thing to have.

I have one behind my right knee, a present since my TKR. I've been hoping it would rupture. Now, not so much. Hope you get some relief soon.

Ice it, elevate and do nothing! Horrid thing to have.

Well.. I did this and it's working... Iced it, elevated it and did absolutely nothing.. It has eased up considerably.. I never want to suffer this again.. I will probably be able to go to work tomorrow.. Thanks so very much...

I had a baker's cyst that was removed at the time of my TKR. I did not know that it was even there. I had no problems behind my knee. However, post -op I was miserable with pain behind my knee too! I got an infection in my knee, and did not need extra pain. It took months for the pain to go away. I was put on oral steroids several times to help the pain. Each time I was on the steroid it got better. When the steroid was withdrawn, the pain came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads