TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

That walks sounds like what the doctor should have ordered. So glad you got to do that with chances to rest. I find that I have to actually touch my milestone during my walks. too. :heehee:

Your walk sounds lovely. My walking is done by the sea and whilst having had the PE I am back to shorter walks I find being out in the fresh air very theraputic. Glad you are on your way to normality.

So lovely to put a picture to the name, I think of you all as my faceless Angels, so to see a face instead of just a name is wonderful, so happy you enjoyed your walk in the park.
I'm looking forward to our trip to the North, here I will be able to manage short walks thru the village unfortunately where I live in the South, walking near my house is not suitable as we live in the countryside and the terrain is very uneven, so it will be nice just to pop down and see our neighbours and enjoy the village life.
Did you manage to walk crutch free ?
These little milestones make our recoveries all better and helps our moral too, so glad you didn't suffer afterwards xx

That's brilliant x
I'm walking around the house crutch free, but not yet confident enough to walk outside without at least one- this knee seems to have its own schedule lol.

Walked up the street again & touched the stop sign & back home. Thought about turning the corner & going a few houses down then turning around but I thought to myself- don’t be a BODA (big old dumb butt) so I didn’t. Blew off my small deck with the hand held blower & up & down to the garage/basement to do some laundry & store my shower chair away. Been using my shower chair this whole time (7 weeks today) but I’d stand up in there also but it still was nice to sit on & wash my feet. So later this evening first totally standing up shower- we’ll see how that balancing for feet washing goes :unsure:. I look forward to when I can go up & down the stairs all the time “like a big girl”. I’m feeling pretty good overall - other than being a bit tired. But nap is my middle name so no problem there!:sleeep: Hope y’all are having a good day! Love ya, mean it!

You're doing well! Sitting down to wash your feet is a good idea anytime; I think I'd consider keeping the chair nearby for that purpose. When I take a shower, I stand the whole time, but will sit down to wash my lower legs and feet. We have a built in seat in the shower which makes it easy. I hear you on taking stairs properly-I'd also love to be able to do that at some point. I hate it when I'm in public and have to take stairs like a toddler!

Wow! Congratulations, RubyRoo! That’s exciting.... sounds & looks like nice weather for walking. Ours has been til lately, but we’ve had snow the past week or so & some very cold temps, but as soon as it feels safe, we’ll be back out walking. I’m like you, I go Slowly these days. I tend to be a bit of a klutz, & if there’s something to trip on, my feet seem to find it! If I’m going slow, I find I’m able to recover. I Love your cards!! That looks like a fun thing to do , and certainly does make them very personal to the recipient. When we were growing up, my Dad always made cards from construction paper, with regular white paper inside. Combination of a tight budget and his total creativity. He even wrote his own verses inside. You brought some sweet memories.... thanks.
I was also a bit of a tomboy... I loved climbing trees, & I could outplay any boy on our block playing marbles! I found some of my old ones & gave them to our grandson...he loved them .....for a while, I was able to find bags at a local store locally, so he has quite the collection. It’s fun the games he invents for them.
Well, I didn’t get this finished, one interruption after another, & here it is, Saturday night. I will close this before I lose it. Enjoy those beautiful walks you are taking, hopefully, we can walk tomorrow, today, sidewalks were OK, but, many of the streets still full of ice & snow. Your photos really were beautiful.....thanks for sharing that beauty. Have a good evening!

We keep a folding step stool in the shower, it makes washing feet much easier. I set my toes on the edge and wash each foot.

@Catalien45 , I remember my grandpa having a jar of marbles and being fascinated by playing with them when I was a child. I also remembering playing Chinese checkers with him, using those marbles.

Had my last PT session today! Flexion measured 122 & extension was -1. At not quite 7 weeks post op I’m pleased. Glad to continue on my own with some exercises and ADL’s. Sooooo glad to be released & not have to go to PT anymore! Woo-hoo! Holler if you hear me!!!

Eggsellent ROM @Rubyroo and congrats on completing your program.

Great report! Onward!:walking:

That is good news, Im so pleased for you xx

That's excellent ROM, @Rubyroo !! :happydance:I think I'm finally in the 120s for my ROM but it took me 5 months to get there. It's great to be done with formal PT, isn't it?

@Susie-Q Yes it is great to be done with formal PT!!! Increased my little walk today by a bit In my neighborhood. Can’t wait till I can walk around the block. Went out & did a few errands today- only my 2nd time driving since surgery. I was kinda pooped when I got home- took me a nap. Icing now :ice:

Great news @Rubyroo about your continued recovery. I am so pleased for you. You are so kind and helpful to everyone on here and I hope to hear more good news about your recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562