After getting a LTKR in September I'm finally ready to replace the right knee too. So I called the OS and scheduled a date for the surgery on May 18. The problem is my right hip has also been giving me problems for the last year or so. I finally got an appointment to see somebody about it on May 9 and expect/hope I will get a steroid shot to ease the pain. The thought of recovering from RTKR while also suffering from severe pain in the right hip is not attractive! However, the scheduling nurse for the RTKR was concerned when I mentioned the steroid shot and said she thinks the doctor likes to wait 9 weeks after those shots before he does the TKR. We went ahead and scheduled the RTKR for May 18 and she was going to double-check with the doctor to make sure he's OK with it. Fingers crossed that I won't have to wait until July to get this done!!!!! But has anybody else run across this, where the surgeon wants to wait 9 weeks after a steroid shot before doing the surgery? Is it related to infection or something like that?