TKR Round 2 on 11/11/21

elainec73

Country
United States United States
Having my left knee replacement on 11/11/21; had my right knee replacement on 9/11/18 with better results than I could have hoped for! Same surgeon, wants me to have this matching set, so do I. I remember how helpful this website/community was to me before and after Round #1 so here I am again! :)

Welcome back! I am having #2 done on the 16th, so I will follow your progress and we can compare notes!!

:wave:Welcome back, @elainec73, seems there are a few of us all doing 2nd knees in November and December, I had my left one replaced in 2019 with a great outcome, so like you I'm having the same surgeon and matching components- so :praying: for another good outcome for us all.
Although we know what to expect its still kinda scary so for ne it's good to know, there are a few of us in the same boat.
Wishing you all the best for your surgery on the 11th xxx

@Sara61 I was feeling that apprehension and thought I should get on these boards again b/c the information I gained here last time I think was a key in my excellent recovery! I say to my family and friends, it's feels almost like walking yourself to the chopping block in many ways lol When is your surgery, I don't see it here?

@MARYCOOL I am so happy I came back here for this second one; I can't believe it took me this long! lol It will be so so helpful being here while I recover. Last time my mother stayed and helped me best should could, she was sick with pancreatic cancer and passed the following year. She would be so glad right now to know I was getting my other knee done! I look forward to following your progress as well and everyone else traveling this road!

@elainec73 as I only get the exact date of surgery on the 3rd of November I haven't added myself yet, once I know which date I will then get put on the lists I suspect it will be November as soon as I see the surgeon it will be a matter of weeks.
Here in Portugal if the local hospital is unable to operate on you (within a certain time frame ) you are then given a voucher to choose a private hospital, once the private hospital is chosen and once the private hospital accepts your application they then have to operate on you within 30-40 days. We have a superb healthy system in Portugal I was fortunate the same applied on my 1st replacement so, 2nd time round I have chosen the same private hospital and the same surgeon, as he did good job on my left knee.
Yes totally agree with you we are all very brave xxx

@Sara61 so that's why I feel like I am walking myself to the chopping block as I have known about this surgery for well over three months, having chosen the day myself, right now going through all the preop stuff and getting myself readied at home (single, live alone); I'm excited but scared and confident I will give my recovery 110% like I did last time. Glad to be here and have others to talk to about it!

@elainec73 We are brave ! Especially knowing what we know and bravely doing it again , but we also know once the 1st few grizzly days/weeks have passed it does get better and we can award ourselves for each new achievement. I for one will be here cheering you along all the way xx

@elainec73 It is the chopping block, as you said. Just like plants that need deadwood or undesirable branches pruned- I guess we as well need some pruning . Trying to remind myself that although the pruning may not be enjoyable - I’ll be healthier for it in the long run.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom