MUA 1 year this month on TKR

Actually, you are only 3 weeks from your latest surgery and are doing quite well. You are learning what to do and what not to do. Certain things cause you swelling and pain. They are bad for you right now. Doing the things that don't increase your pain and swelling are good for you right now. Don't worry about working on the ROM. It comes naturally as you heal. Read others posts and you'll see that a great many are not doing anything to push their bend, they are just going about their days naturally, just as you should be doing!

Happy Ten Weeks to you, VolLady! It is wonderful to realize the progress you've made over time. In taking a slow easy approach you are getting there. Maybe you should rest or give it more than one day when you feel you overdid it? Something to consider. Pain and discomfort is not unusual at this early date and I am sure you'll receive that reassurance from your surgeon in two weeks. Ice the area daily and see if it brings you relief. Your ROM will increase over the next three months as long as you stay the course without overdoing it.
Best Wishes for a good appointment in two weeks and a lovely rest of the week. You're doing great!
@volLady
thank you!

OMGoodness..... I just reached 111 ROM......also walked without cane 2day.I am using a massager on my leg muscles(not on the knee) and my quad and hamstring feels better 2day. Found it on Amazon and my PT told me a month ago that it helps with the tightness. OMGoodness I am soooo HAPPY!:loveshwr::dancy:

Yipee! :goodpost: Things sound like they are going really well for you.

114 ROM yesterday. still some swelling and always the stiffness...now if only I could walk better. I limp a lot lately.

Yay, volLady!
I limp a lot lately.
Here’s a tip -
Try heel-toe walking when you're limping.
This involves striking the ground with your heel first, then rolling through your heel to your toe, and pushing out of the step with your toe. It takes a concentrated effort, but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.
1670298055216-png.87073

Yay, volLady!
I limp a lot lately.
Here’s a tip -
Try heel-toe walking when you're limping.
This involves striking the ground with your heel first, then rolling through your heel to your toe, and pushing out of the step with your toe. It takes a concentrated effort, but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.
1670298055216-png.87073
I have been trying to do that but I think what is causing me to limp is something behind my knee in the bend part is what is causing it. It feels like I am over stretching something.What do u think?

Swelling and stiffness. Have you given up on ice and elevation? If so, consider going back. I know it may not feel like it, but it is still early days in the entire scheme of things. It's only a little over two months since your TKR and one month today since your MUA. Hang in there, it will keep getting better.
@volLady

Swelling and stiffness. Have you given up on ice and elevation? If so, consider going back. I know it may not feel like it, but it is still early days in the entire scheme of things. It's only a little over two months since your TKR and one month today since your MUA. Hang in there, it will keep getting better.
@volLady
I will be 11 wks tomorrow since surgery and 3 weeks today since MUA. I have been using some ice and heating pad some but I don't ice a lot like I did. I use ice packs now than instead of my ice machine. Maybe by 6 months I will do better all around...

I have been using some ice and heating pad some but I don't ice a lot like I did.
Heat is generally not advised around the surgical area -- especially this early in recovery -- since it can cause inflammation and increase pain. It's okay to use it on other parts of your leg if you have stiffness, but ice is the best choice for the area on and around your knee.

I didn't really care for icing at the beginning, but it made such a different for me in reducing the internal swelling and increasing my range of motion that I stuck with it. Maybe try the ice machine again and see if it helps.

I have been using some ice and heating pad some but I don't ice a lot like I did.
Heat is generally not advised around the surgical area -- especially this early in recovery -- since it can cause inflammation and increase pain. It's okay to use it on other parts of your leg if you have stiffness, but ice is the best choice for the area on and around your knee.

I didn't really care for icing at the beginning, but it made such a different for me in reducing the internal swelling and increasing my range of motion that I stuck with it. Maybe try the ice machine again and see if it helps.
thank you

Actually, you are only 3 weeks from your latest surgery and are doing quite well. You are learning what to do and what not to do. Certain things cause you swelling and pain. They are bad for you right now. Doing the things that don't increase your pain and swelling are good for you right now. Don't worry about working on the ROM. It comes naturally as you heal. Read others posts and you'll see that a great many are not doing anything to push their bend, they are just going about their days naturally, just as you should be doing!
I have a question to ask? This has been going on everyday since my MUA. On the outer side of the knee and on the kneecap area I have this tinging, zingers,and sometimes stretching going on inside of my knee. When I sit to ice or rest and when I rise to walk there it goes into that sensation feeling like something is tearing or stretching undertone skin. There is no pain but weird sensation. Could this be scar tissue breaking up still after MUA? OS told my husband during MUA that it was at 80 and only took one pop and it released to 130-135. Have you heard anyone having this sensation?

We hear of all kinds of different sensations during our members' recoveries. One day it might hurt here and the next one there. This might feel strange today and tomorrow it's perfectly fine, but now it has moved to someplace else. So, don't worry about these different feelings. They're all normal in this recovery.

does anyone know if I can take a antibiotic for a flair up of diveritilus?

Good Morning from Tennessee! Beautiful sunny warm day here even though we had tornado warning last night. Anyway, I am hoping to get to 120 today or tomorrow. I rested the knee yesterday all day long. No swelling at all yesterday or today so far. I feel like I am changing on the mend. Next week will be 3 months for me and I think I am beginning to see the light..... woo-hoo..... NCAA tournament....GO LADY VOLS! everyone have a blessed weekend!

Sunny and warm sounds heavenly! Especially looking out at snow on the ground, clouds in the sky and 32F.
Tornado Warning...ugh, not so much, but I do like a good ol storm now and then.
Keep taking it slow and easy, volLady, you'll get there. Happy Saturday!
@volLady

:wave:Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're having a good week so far and the remainder of the week is even better! :SUNsmile:
Take good care!
@volLady

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
We haven't heard from you in awhile. Hopefully you're doing really well and enjoying some beautiful Spring days in your neck of the woods. Take good care!
@volLady

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks