BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

ROM at 6 years....

Discussion in 'Stories of amazing knee recoveries' started by Campervan, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Campervan

Campervan Sr Bonesmartie

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi to everybody and all my old Bonesmartie friends. I haven't been active on the forum for quite some time. Recently I was working with a physio for my neck and I mentioned my knees and that there were a couple of things I wasn't quite happy with, mainly going down and up hills and stairs when they get a little painful to start. He suggested doing some work on them and wrote me a home based exercise programme, nothing strenuous and only to the point of discomfort not pain. I thought I'd share the results with you all, especially those struggling to gain ROM. My right is now 6 years old and my left almost 3.

At the start he measured ROM at 125 flex on each and 0 extension. After 5 weeks of doing the exercises, maybe 3-4 times a week range is now ROM at 130 on left and 128 on Right.

So there you go - range can be improved even after 6 years.

Those that remember me will know how slow my right was to recover and my chart of gains gets used often by a few moderators and here it is updated. @Celle

92 - 8 weeks post op
    105 - 10 weeks
    107 - 5 months
    110 - 6 months
    112 - 7 months
    116 - 9 months
    119 - 11 months
    118 - 1 yr
    120 - 1yr 2 months
    125 - 1 yr 8 months
    128 – 6 years

• Like Like x 1