• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Roger's 12 Month Report

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
From Jollyroger:

Hi Everyone

Today is the anniversary of my second hip replacement so thought I should report in. Firstly, to give encouragement to those who are just starting down the road that the end result will be well worth the initial pain and secondly, to say thanks again to everyone on here who helped me through the first dark days of my recovery with Hip #1 (September 2011).

I am delighted to say that both hips are now absolutely fine, in fact they have been 'normal' since around month 6. I am going to the gym 3 times a week for mild cardio exercise (treadmill, bike, cross trainer) and have recently started Pilates which should help general suppleness and core stability.

I haven't taken up golf (yet?), which was on my wish list, but I have bought a new boat and have been having fun installing stuff and getting the occasional sail on the better days here in the UK winter. I actually enjoy winter sailing (when the weather is OK) - it's so peaceful and quiet in the Solent at this time of year, unlike the summer when it get so busy it is no longer relaxing!

Apart from that I enjoy a walk down to the local shops (about a mile downhill - good exercise on the way back) and occasional swimming and cycling.

It is wonderful to be almost completely pain free now and able to do everything physical that I want or need.

Good luck to everyone starting the recovery process - it does get better, believe me, and my very best wishes to all old 'friends' on here.

If I don't report in again for another 12 months, assume that 'no news is good news'!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LIFELADY
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom