BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Robocop1's knee

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by Robocop1, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Robocop1

Robocop1 new member

United States United States
    Hello everyone I wish everyone best of health because mine is terrible. Help please any information you might have might help.

I had my left total knee replacement in 1992 within one year it failed so here I go to #2, I had a revision in 1994 and my surgeon has since passed away, excellent Dr. Hugh Tullos in Houston.

For the past 7 years I been in pain and suffering, about 6 years ago I was admitted to hospital with 104 F, and my knee like a balloon, I was given antibiotics and about week later released, and it has been hell with constant fever and bone pain so I went to see a Dr in Houston.

This past week, and he told me there is nothing wrong, what an insult! I guess to be honest this is a work injury and I have a feeling not many Drs like this insurance. My second insurance is for the poor and not many like it either so I guess in South Texas, you just let someone die because he is poor. How sad, I was a lawman 15 years and to get this kind healthcare is insulting inhuman and pretty much evil!!

I put my life in the line many times,at the very least some kind of compassionate care!! I hope anyone reading this can help me with any information as what I can do, I am 62 but don’t qualify for Medicare? Life must go on. All I can do is pray.

Thanks for reading. Hope you have better care!!
    God Bless.

robo.jpg

2. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello @Robocop1 - and :welome:

I've moved your post from Cynrob's thread, so we can talk about your knee without derailing her thread.
    Please will you tell us the full dates of your knee surgeries, so we can make a signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

I'm sorry you've had such problems with your knee and it does sound as if you need some help with it. Would your own doctor/PCP be able to suggest where you should go next?

I gather you had a knee infection about 6 years ago, and you were treated with antibiotics. Did your knee swelling go down after that treatment?

I'm going to ask @Josephine to advise you.

3. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
  4. skigirl

skigirl SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

United States United States
    I am sorry that you are having this experience, especially since you were in law enforcement andthis is a work related injury. It does add insult to injury. Perhaps the week in the hospital with antibiotics hid your infection from the doctors. Pain and stiffness always create unhappiness!! I could not see your attachments either, so when you can redo them, you can tag Josephine to look at them. Just type a @before the name, Josephine.

5. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Robocop1 what was the purpose of posting your picture? What am I supposed to be looking at?